KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: What is the best way to remove DNS from my PC
Topic Summary: I want a fresh start
Created On: 08/05/2020 06:33 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 What is the best way to remove DNS from my PC   - Sp1 - 08/05/2020 06:33 AM  
 What is the best way to remove DNS from my PC   - Lunis Orcutt - 08/05/2020 11:19 AM  
 What is the best way to remove DNS from my PC   - R. Wilke - 08/05/2020 03:09 PM  
 What is the best way to remove DNS from my PC   - dilligence - 08/05/2020 07:44 PM  
 What is the best way to remove DNS from my PC   - Sp1 - 08/07/2020 06:18 AM  
 What is the best way to remove DNS from my PC   - R. Wilke - 08/07/2020 01:09 PM  
 What is the best way to remove DNS from my PC   - R. Wilke - 08/06/2020 03:21 PM  
Keyword
 08/05/2020 06:33 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Sp1

I am going to install a new DNS and i want to remove the previous version with all of its gremlins. I do not have the original installation disc.

Appreciate any help and advice

08/05/2020 11:19 AM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

1. Uninstall Dragon from your computer to preserve an activation

2. Move your ~ %PROGRAMDATA%\Nuance\NaturallySpeaking15\Users\[your username] folder to a safe location like your desktop

3. Run DragonRemover which is an uninstall utility on steroids; to remove those extra pieces that your standard Dragon uninstall left behind.

-------------------------

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

08/05/2020 03:09 PM

Author Icon
R. Wilke
Top-Tier Member

Lunis, are you you perhaps missing the point where the original poster mentioned that he doesn't have the install media available? How should he go on from there?

No need to buy if all you want to do is try ...

DragonCapture KB Download (Latest)
DragonCapture Homepage

08/05/2020 07:44 PM

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

I don't think Lunis is missing the point. It's just that the OP is not completely clear in his post. A "new DNS" could be understood as a newer version for which he may have the installation media (or web installer). Or perhaps he thinks that he needs to have the original installation disk of the previous Dragon version to uninstall that version?

In addition, if the OP is looking for the installation media for the new DNS (assuming that is DPI 15) he can perhaps use the setup files in the trials download section found in Lunis's signature link?

About removing "all of its gremlins". Some Dragon users report that after running the official uninstaller to maintain one's activation it's better to use Revo UnInstaller (I would use the portable version) to remove all Dragon traces.

Just some thoughts...

www.speechproductivity.eu 

SP 6 PRO - The Dragon Enhancement & Productivity Suite

08/07/2020 06:18 AM

Author Icon
Sp1

Thanks to yourself and others for the replies let me clarify the situation..

I have a new Dragon 15 professional individual to install.

I do not wish to save username, profiles etc as I think Dragon 13 has been corrupted hence the reference to Gremlins and my request for a clean start. Since posting, I have discovered I have the original installation disc for Dragon 13, does this change the way I clear the PC?

So should I use Dragon Remover to take everything related to Dragon out of the PC before installing my new DNS 15 as suggested by Lunis?

Any other actions recommended?

Thanks in advance

08/07/2020 01:09 PM

Author Icon
R. Wilke
Top-Tier Member

Use the Dragon Remover Tool, but don't use any other so-called uninstalling utilities such as "Revo", "Ccleaner" or whatever, as they tend to mess up your registry. 

Make sure to restart the computer after running the Dragon remover. Start by installing your new version, and you may be prompted for a previous version, depending on which version you got and where you got it from.

Assuming you didn't buy from this place, don't expect getting so much support here.

DragonCapture Homepage

08/06/2020 03:21 PM

Author Icon
R. Wilke
Top-Tier Member

You will probably go ballistic once again, but using such things as "Revo Uninstaller" and the likes of it are considered a no-go among professionals.

DragonCapture Homepage

Statistics
31740 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 478 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 478 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.