KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Remove redundant lists from KB List Editor
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/14/2019 05:46 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Remove redundant lists from KB List Editor   - MTreloar - 07/14/2019 05:46 PM  
 Remove redundant lists from KB List Editor   - Lunis Orcutt - 07/14/2019 10:37 PM  
 Remove redundant lists from KB List Editor   - Edgar - 07/15/2019 11:34 AM  
Keyword
 07/14/2019 05:46 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

MTreloar

I would like to clean up the Knowbrainer List editor. I recently installedThe latest Knowbrainer command file and imported my old custom KB commands without spending time to select them individually - just grabbed groups instead. This seems to work OK. However, there are many redundant lists in the KB List Names editor. For example, "0to9", "0to9_2", "0to9_3", that I would like to remove. How do I do this?

-------------------------

DPI 15/DMPE 4, KB2017, SpeechProductivity 5 std, Win10x64 (1909), Xeon E3 2.8GHz 64GB DDR4, Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3; Behringer Uphoria UM2, AKG HSC271 mic

07/14/2019 10:37 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

The short answer is you can't at the moment. When you imported your personal commands, which include lists, KnowBrainer automatically creates backup copies like 0to9_2 but you don't need to be concerned because it's unlikely that you can overload KnowBrainer like Dragon. We have a few lists that we no longer require, like <Web> and while we could edit the KnowBrainer command collection in Notepad++ the next KnowBrainer release will be revamped and this problem will no longer exist. A new KnowBrainer command collection is released quite literally every week and sometimes every day but updating every week is completely unnecessary. For example, we just added List Bullet <dictation> and Double List Bullet <dictation>. By next weekend, we will probably automate Windows Multimedia Player but you might think of our development like the weekly Chromium Edge developments which are updated every week.

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

07/15/2019 11:34 AM

Author Icon
Edgar
Top-Tier Member

In the long answer is…

I went over this in private with Lunis a few weeks [in 2016] ago. I came up with a solution but it is ugly. Without getting deeply into the details… KnowBrainer keeps two copies of its active command file. KnowBrainer must not be running but Dragon may be active. You must edit them both (I actually "copy with renaming":

copy "C:\Users\Edgar\AppData\Roaming\KnowBrainer\KnowBrainerCommands\MyKBCommands.xml" "C:\Users\Edgar\AppData\Roaming\KnowBrainer\KnowBrainerCommands\StatusChanges\MyKBCommands_withAmendedCommands.xml"

that's all one line) you would need to change "Edgar" to your username. First you need to open "C:\Users\Edgar\AppData\Roaming\KnowBrainer\KnowBrainerCommands\MyKBCommands.xml"  in your favorite XML editor (I use PSPad, Notepad will work and Visual Studio will work but might introduce automatic formatting which could break KnowBrainer's XML interpreter). Open the find dialog and search for:

<List name="1to4000

(assuming that the EXACT name of your command is <1to4000>). This list should reside on a single line since you have already deleted all the contents:

<List name="1to4000"></List>

Delete that entire line (it's okay to leave a blank line if you choose). Now save the file under its original name and location:

"C:\Users\Edgar\AppData\Roaming\KnowBrainer\KnowBrainerCommands\MyKBCommands.xml" 

(again use your username). Now you need to copy that file (or re-save it with a different name if you still have your editor open); the identical file needs to be placed with a new name in a new location:

"C:\Users\Edgar\AppData\Roaming\KnowBrainer\KnowBrainerCommands\StatusChanges\MyKBCommands_withAmendedCommands.xml"

(oh yeah - did I forget to mention you must use your own username not "Edgar" <grin>).

Now you must exit Dragon (a reboot is not necessary but you might want to open the Task Manager to ensure that all of Dragon's remnants have closed; I use this batch file:

@echo off

rem taskkill /IM dgnria_nmhost.exe /F /T

taskkill /IM nsbrowse.exe /F /T

taskkill /IM dragonbar.exe /F /T

taskkill /IM dgnuiasvr.exe /F /T

taskkill /IM dgnuiasvr_x64.exe /F /T

taskkill /IM natspeak.exe /F /T

taskkill /IM ProcHandler.exe /F /T

rem taskkill /IM KBProcHandler.exe /F /T

taskkill /IM KBPro.exe /F /T

Now, start KnowBrainer which automatically starts Dragon. The list should be gone

-Edgar
DPI 15.3, 64-bit Windows 10 Pro, OpenOffice & Word 365, Norton Security, Shure X2U XLR to USB mic adapter with Audio Technica DB135 vocal mic, Asus X299-Deluxe Prime, Intel Core i9-7940X (14 core, 4.3 GHz overclocked to 4.9 GHz), G.SKILL TridentZ Series 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3333 (PC4 26600) F4-3333C16Q-64GTZ, NVIDIA GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 GV-N1060G1 GAMING-6GD REV 2.0 6GB graphics card

Statistics
31621 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 3936 on 09/08/2015 at 11:44 AM.
There are currently 342 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 344 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.