KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Making a simple command
Topic Summary: simple command ‘Get Up’ to turn the “sleeping” microphone back on
Created On: 04/25/2012 01:09 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Making a simple command   - Akhavan - 04/25/2012 01:09 PM  
 Making a simple command   - Lunis Orcutt - 04/25/2012 05:42 PM  
 Making a simple command   - Akhavan - 04/26/2012 05:30 AM  
 Making a simple command   - Lunis Orcutt - 04/26/2012 07:07 PM  
 Making a simple command   - Akhavan - 04/27/2012 09:14 AM  
 Making a simple command   - Chucker - 04/27/2012 09:41 AM  
 Making a simple command   - Akhavan - 04/27/2012 10:29 AM  
 Making a simple command   - GDS - 04/26/2012 12:22 PM  
Keyword
 04/25/2012 01:09 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Akhavan

Hi

I’m having problem with ‘Wake Up’ command in DNS 11.5 Pro.I’m trying to make a simple command ‘Get Up’ to turn the “sleeping” microphone back on in KB 2011

Each time I try my command it will work for the first time but then it stops working

Any idea please?

Thanks

Sepehr

-------------------------
 04/25/2012 05:42 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

The combination of DNS Pro and KnowBrainer includes an option that you may not have yet taken advantage of. Note that if you are using NaturallySpeaking Home Edition, Preferred or Premium, do not try the following which will only work in DNS Pro, Medical and Legal:

1. Say
Open Extra to open the Windows 7 C:\Program Files (x86)\KnowBrainer2011\extra folder.

2. Say
system the highlighted the system.dvc file.

3. Say Copy to copy the system.dvc file to the clipboard. Try to avoid laughing when KnowBrainer responds with “copied” because your microphone is still on.

4. Say
Open General to open the C:\ProgramData\Nuance\NaturallySpeaking11\Data\enx\dvcu\general folder.

5. Say
Double Paste to overwrite the existing system.dvc (without having to waste time verifying that you want to overwrite the file) with the new KnowBrainer tweaked system.dvc file which includes additional wake up commands.

6. Say
Close 2 or Exit 2 to exit the previously 2 open Windows. Note that you will have to close and re-launch NaturallySpeaking before you can access the new commands. Although you can create any number of GoToSleep commands in DNS Pro or KnowBrainer, the only way to edit or add a wake-up command is by directly editing the system.dvc file in NotePad or WordPad (do not use Microsoft Word). Do not try this with any of the consumer versions of NaturallySpeaking. The reason why we recommended swapping out the manufacturer system.dvc file with the KnowBrainer edited command file is because we have included additional wake up commands which you can copy or edit. Before making any edits, we recommend making a backup copy of the system.dvc file but if you are content with your new Please Wake Up, Mike On or Computer (borrowed from Star Trek) commands, you're ready to go and when you say Computer NaturallySpeaking should wake up and respond with “yes”. However, if NaturallySpeaking is already awake, it will respond with “yes captain” (next version KnowBrainer).

PS: Once you have shown Windows your application of preference, for opening the system.dvc file, any time you want to instantly open the system.dvc file in the future, all you have to do is say
Open System.

Click KB 2012 REV D to Download a 30 Day Evaluation of KnowBrainer 2012
Click SpeechStart+ to Download a 15 Day Evaluation of SpeechStart+

04/26/2012 05:30 AM

Akhavan

Hi Lunis,

Thank you very much.

It went like a charm.

Now, can you tell me where I can find a list of KnowBrainer additional commands in dvcu?

Thanks

Sepehr

04/26/2012 07:07 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Because the other DNS Pro KnowBrainer commands are only available in a dvc file, you will not be able to view them until you import them but all you have to do is say Import KnowBrainer Commands. You don't even have to open the Command Browser in advance.

Click KB 2012 REV D to Download a 30 Day Evaluation of KnowBrainer 2012
Click SpeechStart+ to Download a 15 Day Evaluation of SpeechStart+

04/27/2012 09:14 AM

Akhavan

Hi,

I'm little confused here.

Which commands are you talking about?

I've the KB Global Commands, Internet Explorer, Word and Starting & Exiting KB & NS

Am I missing something else that is in dvc file?

04/27/2012 09:41 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Chucker
Top-Tier Member

Sepehr,

I can see where you're a tad confused.

Quote:
Now, can you tell me where I can find a list of KnowBrainer additional commands in dvcu?

There are no KnowBrainer commands (extra or additional) in the dvcu folder. What is being referred to here is located in the following location (path).

C:\ProgramData\Nuance\NaturallySpeaking11\Data\enx\dvcu\general\system.dvc

This is where the microphone "wake up/go to sleep" commands are located at the very bottom of the system.dvc file under the ASLEEP section. You can modify this file yourself or you can replace it with Lunis' modified system.dvc file. However, you can only do this in the Professional versions, which I note that you have. However, be very careful when modifying this if you choose to do so on your own because it is very easy to make a mistake wherein these commands will cease to function. These wake up commands were created under the old legacy dvc scripting language, which is tricky at best. It's better to substitute Lunis' system.dvc file then try to muck around with the modifications yourself if you do not understand the syntax related to the legacy dvc scripts.

Chuck Runquist
Technical Project Manager
VoiceTeach LLC
Home of VoicePower®: We don't make Dragon NaturallySpeaking, We make it better!

"People create their own success by learning what they need to learn and then by practicing it until they become proficient at it." - Brian Tracy

04/27/2012 10:29 AM

Akhavan

Thanks Chucker.

BTW I'm using VoiceTeach as well.

I've been using for several years now.

Ron and you have done an excellent job together.

04/26/2012 12:22 PM

Author Icon
GDS
Top-Tier Member

Lunis's advice is spot on and, as a KnowBrainer user myself, I like the Extra commands. Just for the record, though, there are alternatives to "Wake Up" already built into DNS. Off the top of my head, "Listen to me" and "Start listening" do nicely. On the other hand, "Stop listening" is a viable alternative to "Go to sleep."

Eric Wright  At work: Dragon Medical 10.1. At Home: Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.5 Professional, KnowBrainer 2012; Dragon Dictate 3 for Mac

Appetite for Dictation - My Blog

KnowBrainer Speech Recognition » KnowBrainer Software and Support » Making a simple command

Statistics
28316 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 7 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 2028 on 04/05/2013 at 07:36 PM.
There are currently 80 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 87 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.