KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Generating DRA file does not appear as an option in my v10 Preferred: Is the CORRECT?
Topic Summary: DRA feature in v10 Preferred? Options dialog | Data tab -NO OPTION VISIBLE
Created On: 04/04/2012 10:43 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 04/04/2012 10:43 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

DumbDog

First, in the Dragon Options dialog | Data tab if you have the "Save recorded dictation with document" option set to Always or Asked me,...

I do not have this featuren in my DNS v10 - Preferred:  ASSUMPTION - available in v10 Professional and v11 but not in v10 - Preferred.

Can anyone in the know please confirm, refute, or explain what the deal is?

Thanks, grateful for any bone you can through my way.  DumbDog.

-------------------------
DNS Perferred ver 10.0 on OS: W7 Ultimate w SvcPak1, 64 Bit, TrendMicro Titanium ver 3.1.1, MS Office Pro 2007,  X1 Pro Client ver 6.7.3 (build4054dh) - search software, HMA!proVPN ver2.6.9.   This is a tablet pc - HP model: tx2-1370us /PN: VM307UA#ABA
 04/05/2012 08:53 AM

Author Icon
Chucker
Top-Tier Member

Quote:
First, in the Dragon Options dialog | Data tab if you have the "Save recorded dictation with document" option set to Always or Asked me,...

I do not have this featuren in my DNS v10 - Preferred:  ASSUMPTION - available in v10 Professional and v11 but not in v10 - Preferred.

Can anyone in the know please confirm, refute, or explain what the deal is?

DumbDog,

It doesn't matter which version of Dragon NaturallySpeaking you have (i.e., DNS 9.5, DNS 10.1, or DNS 11-11.5), only the Professional versions (Professional, Legal, or DMPE) have the capability of saving your dictation with the document in Microsoft Word, DragonPad, or Corel WordPerfect.

DNS 10.1 Preferred or DNS 11-11.5 Premium and below do not support saving dra files with your documents.

PS, I noted that you were trying to get a clear understanding of what dra files are. Dra stands for Dragon Recorded Document (*.dra). This is a patented technology developed by Dragon Systems many years ago, but which has been carried through with every version of Dragon subsequent to their introduction. What dra files are is simply a proprietary combination of the text and the audio associated with that text. Unfortunately, only the Professional versions of DNS can save dra files as noted. Also, only the professional versions and access these files and only through DragonPad.

Chuck Runquist
Technical Project Manager
VoiceTeach LLC
Home of VoicePower®: We don't make Dragon NaturallySpeaking, We make it better!

Be careful what you ask for. What you get might not be what you expect, or want. - Aesop (620 BC - 700 BC)

04/08/2012 04:09 PM

DumbDog

Mr. Runquist OR anyone in the know:

3-scenarios on Transcribing on Topic of DNS version requirements when a 2nd user corrects DRA files of the 1st user:

QUESTION:  If I generate DRA files using DNS Pro from my user profile on my client machine, and I want another user on their own client machine/profile to be able to review the DRA text and audio for errors and when identified make corrections; do both users require the DNS Pro version? 

Scenario 1:  If I dictate directly
Scenario 2: Transcribe letters dictated via Sony DVR and transferred to computer using Sony's Digital Voice Editor software
Scenario 3: Use the Dragon Auto Transcribe Agent to transcribe DVR audio files saved to a monitored directory

Please advice, thanks from DumbDog.

DNS Perferred ver 10.0 on OS: W7 Ultimate w SvcPak1, 64 Bit, TrendMicro Titanium ver 3.1.1, MS Office Pro 2007,  X1 Pro Client ver 6.7.3 (build4054dh) - search software, HMA!proVPN ver2.6.9.   This is a tablet pc - HP model: tx2-1370us /PN: VM307UA#ABA
 04/08/2012 05:06 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Yes to all 3 scenarios. You will need DNS Pro installed on that 2nd computer but if you're 2nd user doesn't create their own user profile and ONLY uses the DNS Pro installation to correct/edit your dictation, they will not be required to purchase a license. You can simply activate a copy of your DNS Pro on their computer.

Click KB 2014 to take KnowBrainer 2014 on a 30 day test drive

Click SpeechStart+ to take SpeechStart+ on a 15 Day test drive

Statistics
28572 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 2028 on 04/05/2013 at 07:36 PM.
There are currently 181 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 183 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.