Advice on save to command   - gasolo - 02/26/2012 07:43 AM  
 Advice on save to command   - Chucker - 02/26/2012 09:28 AM  
 Advice on save to command   - Lunis Orcutt - 02/26/2012 06:26 PM  
Keyword
 02/26/2012 07:43 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

gasolo
Power Member

I am looking for the most expeditious command if given an open Microsoft Word document that I want to save to a file located in my documents.

Currently, I say, "save as" and I give it a name. How do I then direct it to my documents and save it in a specific folder, called, "my stuff"?

02/26/2012 09:28 AM

Author Icon
Chucker
Top-Tier Member

Gary,

I take it that you're still having a problem with the VoicePower Open from/Saved to command. Ron asked me to test it in both DNS 10.1 and DNS 11.5. I also tested it with Windows XP and Windows 7 64-bit. I duplicated your folder structure as well. This command works as it should on all of my systems (four) using your folder structure and no matter what drive I put it on (i.e., I have six drives on three systems and two drives on my laptop). That is, neither Ron nor myself can duplicate your problem. Has Ron not contacted you?

Also, is you're KnowBrainer profile up-to-date? If so, the VoicePower commands work just fine under Windows XP using DNS 10.1 Medical and under Windows 7 64-bit using DMPE and DNS 11.5 Professional. The version of Dragon should make any difference anyway, nor should the version of Windows.

You could conceivably create a KnowBrainer command to accomplish this and, not having looked lately, there may be a command already in KnowBrainer that you can either use or modify. However, and given that you're using the Preferred/Premium version, you can't use Advanced Scripting and maintaining and updating any KnowBrainer script is tedious at best. There is no easier way to do it than with VoicePower.

You can contact me directly at Chuck@VoiceTeach.com

I would be more than happy to work with you directly to see if we can't figure out why the VoicePower command isn't working.

Chuck Runquist
Technical Project Manager
VoiceTeach LLC
Home of VoicePower®: We don't make Dragon NaturallySpeaking, We make it better!

"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." -- Mark Twain

-------------------------

02/26/2012 06:26 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Your KnowBrainer command utility also includes a Save In <FolderList> command which is designed to be edited. The command currently only has 1 argument which is Save In KnowBrainer but you can add countless arguments. Just make sure you additionally edit the FolderList command by adding the name. You'll find a step-by-step on this procedure in our VerbalBasic Manual when you look up “How to Edit a Listing Command”.

-------------------------

Click KB 2014 to take KnowBrainer 2014 on a 30 day test drive

Click SpeechStart+ to take SpeechStart+ on a 15 Day test drive

KnowBrainer Speech Recognition » KnowBrainer Software and Support » Advice on save to command

Statistics
28578 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 2028 on 04/05/2013 at 07:36 PM.
There are currently 146 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 148 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.