KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Place holder page. Today's date is 02/23/2012
Topic Summary: Can't get help in knowbrainer
Created On: 02/23/2012 06:02 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Place holder page. Today's date is 02/23/2012   - mhaines94108 - 02/23/2012 06:02 AM  
 Place holder page. Today's date is 02/23/2012   - Chucker - 02/23/2012 06:23 AM  
 Place holder page. Today's date is 02/23/2012   - mhaines94108 - 02/23/2012 06:33 AM  
 Place holder page. Today's date is 02/23/2012   - Chucker - 02/23/2012 11:05 AM  
 Place holder page. Today's date is 02/23/2012   - Tiger Feet - 02/23/2012 11:31 AM  
 Place holder page. Today's date is 02/23/2012   - Lunis Orcutt - 02/23/2012 01:35 PM  
Keyword
 02/23/2012 06:02 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

mhaines94108

When I click the help menu in the little knowbrainer floating window, I go to a page on the knowbrainer website with this URL:

http://www.knowbrainer.com/core/pages/SupportDocs/

this page contains only the text given in the subject line.  Surely there is better help than this?

02/23/2012 06:23 AM

Author Icon
Chucker
Top-Tier Member

Mark,

<???>. What Help menu in what KnowBrainer floating window? I can see which are saying about the link, but I'm not sure where you're getting that link from. Perhaps Lunis knows and can shed some light on this. I would if I knew what you were talking about.

Chuck Runquist
Technical Project Manager
VoiceTeach LLC
Home of VoicePower®: We don't make Dragon NaturallySpeaking, We make it better!

Getting technical support rule #1: When asking questions or describing problems, express yourself as if you were attempting to describe the Mona Lisa to a blind person.

-------------------------

02/23/2012 06:33 AM

mhaines94108

When I start Knowbrainer I get a little window with title "KB 2011".  It has three menus items: File, KBPro, Help.  It has a text display widget with two lines and displays things like "App: IEXPLORE  Window: KnowBrainer Forums - - Windows".  It does not actually float above all other windows.  It acts like a normal application window.
 02/23/2012 11:05 AM

Author Icon
Chucker
Top-Tier Member

Quote:
When I start Knowbrainer I get a little window with title "KB 2011". It has three menus items: File, KBPro, Help. It has a text display widget with two lines and displays things like "App: IEXPLORE Window: KnowBrainer Forums - - Windows". It does not actually float above all other windows. It acts like a normal application window.

Now I understand what you're talking about. That window is like the DragonBar for KnowBrainer. In other words you could call it the KnowBrainer Bar. I never used the Help menu so I never noticed that. However, your correct and Lunis should answer that question as to why it's only a placeholder. That is, it opens up in Internet Explorer window with that text in it. Your question makes a lot of sense. That is, why is there no help for KnowBrainer?

Chuck Runquist
Technical Project Manager
VoiceTeach LLC
Home of VoicePower®: We don't make Dragon NaturallySpeaking, We make it better!

"Good enough never is." - Debbi Fields: founder of Mrs. Fields Bakeries

02/23/2012 11:31 AM

Author Icon
Tiger Feet
Top-Tier Member

Quote:
When I start Knowbrainer I get a little window with title "KB 2011". It has three menus items: File, KBPro, Help. It has a text display widget with two lines and displays things like "App: IEXPLORE Window: KnowBrainer Forums - - Windows". It does not actually float above all other windows. It acts like a normal application window.

Mark,

just to add to Chuck's post,

What you're seeing as you call the 'KnowBrainer floating window' is actually the KnowBrainer script editor where you can make your own verbal basic script commands.

With that little KnowBrainer window up and showing on the screen, if you say, "KB Pro," then the editor (that little window) will open up and you can then add, edit or remove commands as you can with any of the DNS Pro versions.

The actual editor contains some extra 11,000 commands I believe that you can use in conjunction with DNS Premium.  I noticed in your profile you are using DNS Standard.  Lunis will confirm this, I believe KnowBrainer will also work in conjunction with this as well.

When you are not using it, just minimise it to your taskbar in case you accidentally close it and with it there and active, you can call any of the commands within it at any time.  If you ever want to use it to add, edit or remove a command, with it on the taskbar you just have to say "Switch Knowbrainer" and it will come back up on screen ready to use. 

You may want to update your profile because it is saying that you do not have KnowBrainer and you obviously have.

To give you some idea of the commands that are in there, if you say, "What's New in KnowBrainer," a PDF Manual will come up on screen and show you what to say to bring them up.

In regards to help, there are other PDFs to help you with KnowBrainer such as the "What is KnowBrainer Manual" PDF, "KnowBrainer Manual 2011" PDF and the "VerbalBasic Manual" PDF (that shows you how to make verbal basic commands). 

These are to name but a few.  There may be others and I'm sure Lunis will explain further and post them here for you to download when he posts.

Cheers

Tiger Feet

| DNS 12.5.1 Professional | KnowBrainer 2012 | Windows 7 Professional /64 Bit | Intel Core i7 Quad Core 3840QM (2.80GHz) 8MB | 16GB RAM. | 240GB Intel 520 Series SSD Boot Drive | 750GB 7200 rpm Secondary Drive  | Plantronics Wireless Handsfree Microphone CS60-USB. |

02/23/2012 01:35 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

The KnowBrainer Help menu is a work in progress. Rather than having a standard Help menu which can easily become out of date, we have opted for a more versatile approach that will take you to a specific website on our new forum. Unfortunately, there's 1 catch… We haven't got the new forum up and running yet. The new forum will include an entire help section with training guides, additional macros, videos and anything else that for members find useful but for now, it's a temporary dead link

Click KB 2012 REV D to Download a 30 Day Evaluation of KnowBrainer 2012
Click SpeechStart+ to Download a 15 Day Evaluation of SpeechStart+

Statistics
28373 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 2028 on 04/05/2013 at 07:36 PM.
There are currently 157 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 158 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.