KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Error Message
Topic Summary: Dragon can't complete the current action because your User Profile is damaged.....
Created On: 02/14/2012 10:49 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Error Message   - BethyZ - 02/14/2012 10:49 AM  
 Error Message   - Lunis Orcutt - 02/14/2012 04:36 PM  
 Error Message   - Chucker - 02/15/2012 09:14 AM  
 Error Message   - BethyZ - 02/15/2012 01:45 PM  
 Error Message   - Lunis Orcutt - 02/15/2012 02:37 PM  
 Error Message   - BethyZ - 02/15/2012 02:48 PM  
Keyword
 02/14/2012 10:49 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
BethyZ

I am getting this error message when I try to open dragon.

I am following this action:

To restore from a backup

Click Profile > Restore User Profile on the DragonBar. Dragon opens the restored User Profile and you can resume dictating.

BUT I cannot highlight "restore user profile".

Is there something I can do on my own to get dragon working again? 

-------------------------

Bethy

Learning how to Speak Naturally, with a little help from my friends...... 

02/14/2012 04:36 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

By default, the back up user profile is overwritten every 5 times which means there is a 20% chance that your backup profile may also be corrupted but before we cross that bridge… Look up “switch” as in switching to backup user-files in the NaturallySpeaking Quick Tips (at the top of this page) and choose Option #2 rather than the default Option #1 which as already failed you. If Option #2 fails, you'll have to resort to another back up user profile; assuming you have an off-site backup. If not, you will have to create a new user.

Click KB 2012 REV D to Download a 30 Day Evaluation of KnowBrainer 2012
Click SpeechStart+ to Download a 15 Day Evaluation of SpeechStart+

02/15/2012 09:14 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Chucker
Top-Tier Member

Quote:
BUT I cannot highlight "restore user profile".

Bethy,

The reason that you can't select (i.e., highlight) "Restore User Profile" from the Profile menu is because you don't have any current user loaded. That option is available only if Dragon can identify the user profile that you want to restore. If a profile isn't loaded, then that option will be grayed out (always).

To restore a backup copy of your user profile under this condition, click on the Profile menu and then click on "Manage User Profiles…" Then, highlight the profile that you want to restore, click on the Advanced button, and click on Restore. That's what Lunis was referring to as Option #1 in the QuickTips.

If you then can't open your backup user profile, then you've got a totally corrupted profile set and Lunis' "Option #2" won't work either. Under that condition, it's "G'd night ya on ya own" and start over, unfortunately.

Chuck Runquist
Technical Project Manager
VoiceTeach LLC
Home of VoicePower®: We don't make Dragon NaturallySpeaking, We make it better!

"Life's Rule #1: Once you pull the pin, Mr. Grenade is no longer your friend."  (Variant of Murphy's Law  -  Edward A. Murphy, Jr)

02/15/2012 01:45 PM

Author Icon
BethyZ

Ah ha!

Thanks Chucker!

I had searched under quck tips and had seen what Lunis posted, but it wasn't making sense.

I just tried your suggestion and am now up and running!!!!!!

Thanks so much!!!!!!! 

If you are reading this, may I ask another question? My previous user profiles were from a mic in source and I now use the senheiser wireless USB and had followed the directions for making a new user profile when I got them from KB. (this is what profile was no longer working yesterday). The profile properties now states 2 sources (line in and USB mic) and I'm wondering if this is going to be a future problem and whether I should delete the old corrupt USB user profile and start over. It is working great, but didn't know if it saying it uses 2 audio sources is a problem. I have no idea if I just made sense or not.....

Bethy

02/15/2012 02:37 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Sorry about our previous answer but fortunately Chuck came to the rescue; as usually  

When you define 2 separate sound sources, for the same user profile, it appears as though you have 2 separate profiles taking up unnecessary space in your computer but this is an illusion. You simply have a small setting for a 2nd sound source which takes up no room. We haven't found a way of removing a sound source so we don't recommend deleting your user profile, under the Manage Users Profiles menu because it will delete everything. However, you can create a shortcut to your user profile sound source. There is also a step-by-step on this procedure in the NaturallySpeaking Quick Tips (at the top of this page) which you will find when you look up “preset” as in Preset to Open Any User Automatically. Optionally, if you are using KnowBrainer 2011 to launch NaturallySpeaking, KnowBrainer will automatically launch the most recently opened user profile/sound source/vocabulary without prompting you to make a choice.

Click KB 2012 REV D to Download a 30 Day Evaluation of KnowBrainer 2012
Click SpeechStart+ to Download a 15 Day Evaluation of SpeechStart+

02/15/2012 02:48 PM

Author Icon
BethyZ

Thanks so much, Lunis!

Bethy

KnowBrainer Speech Recognition » KnowBrainer Software and Support » Error Message

Statistics
28401 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 2028 on 04/05/2013 at 07:36 PM.
There are currently 127 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 129 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.