Announcing SP 6 PRO   - mppcarey - 09/24/2020 06:39 PM  
 Announcing SP 6 PRO   - dilligence - 09/24/2020 10:08 PM  
Keyword
 08/21/2020 02:15 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

Thanks to Lunis Orcutt for allowing us to post on this forum we proudly announce:

SP 6 PRO - The Dragon Enhancement & Productivity Suite

A comprehensive and versatile package of 26 Powerful Dragon Add-ons.

Highlights:

The new All-In-One Dictation Box (watch the Demonstration Video) is the ultimate solution for (longer) dictations into speech unfriendly applications. Many interesting features were added like: Adjustable Auto Transfer, Auto Get Text, Auto Font Size Adjust, Enhanced Citrix support, Intelligent Punctuation, support for all popular casings like Camel, Pascal, Snake, Kebab and the additional option to (always) force text in the box to lowercase.

We added the innovative Dual Mode which can act as a spare clipboard to complement your workflow. In addition there is Simple Mode, Advanced Mode and Compact Mode.

This box has many Accessibility views like High Contrast, Visually Impaired, Transparent, Translucent, and 5 additional Color Themes. We also significantly improved the integrated proofreading features in the box. Not only can you quickly adjust voice, reading speed and volume but you can also determine whether punctuation marks should be read out or not.

The All-In-One Dictation Box comes with a fully integrated and revised Quick Correct (Advanced Search & Replace) module with text highlighting.  It adds another 30 special text editing functions to the box.

We even managed to crank up the loading speeds some more. You will love this box! Actually, the demonstration video is a bit outdated already (V.6.127) since the current version is V.6.252. That's how fast development of SP 6 PRO goes :-).

The completely revised Advanced Application Activation (watch the Demonstration Video) allows you to activate ANYTHING you see in the taskbar. Forget about the Dragon switch to  command which will only work for (global) executable applications. Not only can you directly activate/focus every instance of an application but also pictures, PDFs, HTMLs or any other file type that is running in the background or taskbar, you can also directly close them. You don't even need to say the full file/application name, part of the name will do as well.

Want more? Placer is an additional activation tool that lists all running applications allowing you to activate, kill or place them in any of the 16(!) grid locations. You can conveniently blacklist applications you don't want to see in that list anymore.

With the Enhanced Global Placement feature (watch the Demonstration Video) you can easily place any window anywhere on the screen. You can move a window by tiny bits, make it follow your mouse cursor, or dynamically place it relative to the previous active window.

The same goes for the enhanced Global Window Sizing feature which uses relative sizing. You can resize (but also heighten or widen your window) by percent. This gives very accurate results. We just added New Size the intuitive, GUI driven tool which complements the SP sizing features. This convenient Window Sizing utility allows you to set absolute sizes (pixels) for your application and Explorer windows.

What about making virtually ANY application like Word, Outlook, Chrome, Edge, Thunderbird etc. translucent (up to 10 levels) with the new Global Translucency feature. Picture the possibilities this will allow you to work in those applications while keeping an eye on the underlying windows. Making everything completely opaque again only takes just one single voice command!

We proudly present SysTray the innovative tool to approach the notification area (tray icons) by voice. You will not only see all the icons' tooltips in one glance (so you know what they represent) but you can also directly activate them, choosing a left or right click. The program gives you several options to approach the notification area items. You can use the reference number, select by dictation or simply move up or down the list to activate your item.

Like to store more Strings, Templates and Boilerplates than Dragon can hold before it gets slow? Want to quickly TRANSFER/TRANSPORT them to your target applications?

Plates is a SQLite database driven tool that will help you create and manage a large amount of strings, templates and boilerplates by voice. If you're a medical worker, programmer, translator, lawyer or if you simply want to avoid the limitations of the Dragon Command Browser then Plates is for you.

We've added a universal hotkey solution. SP Hotkey Manager allows you to launch any executable file (or PDF) with a hotkey of your choice. Quickly launch any application like Word, Notepad, Paint, SP Editor, Quick Correct, Visual Studio with a (single key) hotkey. The program allows loading over 900 applications so the only limit is the amount of keys on your keyboard ;-). This is the tool many (partially disabled) Dragon users have been waiting for!

Want to quickly kill any application by voice? Maybe kill several applications in one voice command? It's easy enough with SP Process Killer. You get a convenient sample command and the only thing you need to change is the name of the application (exe) you want to kill. It just does not get any easier than this. From now on you won't need Batch or VBS files for that anymore. And no, you also will not need AHK or any other macro language anymore either ;-).

Dragon users who don't want to install the Chrome extension because it can cause Dragon freezes appreciated the Select-and-Say enabled Chrome Search in SP 5 Pro. Those users will definitely love the new Global SP Search. It supports Select-and-Say searches in main browsers like Chrome, Edge, Brave, Opera and Firefox.

SP HyperNotes is the fastest way to store simple notes by voice. This utility was sold separately before but is now part of SP 6 PRO. We added some serious enhancements and you're going to love it!

The same goes for SP Press Utility (watch the Demonstration Video). It's the ultimate hands-free mouse buttons tool. We added interesting new options like keeping the left mouse button pressed for a variable number of seconds and "release copy" which will automatically copy text you selected with the mouse on release.

Another module that Dragon users will appreciate is the new SP Startup Manager. It offers a quick and easy solution to place certain SP modules in your Windows startup folder (like SP Pause Reminder or SP Hotkey Manager). You can simply enable or disable these items. The tool also facilitates adding other programs to your Windows startup folder.

We added SP Text Tools the ultimate tool to Case, Correct, Quote, Remove, Replace and Sort words in any speech unfriendly application, without the need of a dictation box!

SP 6 PRO also includes all the appreciated modules of version 5. They have been thoroughly revised and improved. Significant enhancements were done to SP EditorHotkeys for DragonQuick CorrectSpeaker and Quick Store. Of course Dragon & VC Restart (watch the Demonstration Video) which also supports restarting of KnowBrainer and SpeechStart is part of the package as well. But this time you can use the new SP Hotkey Manager to set your own hotkeys!

It's easy to lose yourself in such a powerful package and spend hours and hours behind your computer. You want to save your eyes and your voice and yes, we know just how that goes You told yourself over and over again to take frequent breaks but it seems that you're not able to control yourself. It is really about self-control? No, it's a matter of choosing the right tool. That's where SP Pause Reminder steps in .

In addition you get some of the most popular Legacy Modules as well.

Needless to say that this package offers incredible value for your money. So head over to the Speech Productivity website and purchase SP 6 PRO now.

This post was updated on 09-24-2020

-------------------------

www.speechproductivity.eu 

08/21/2020 03:01 PM

Author Icon
PG LTU
Top-Tier Member

Congratulations, Rob. Sounds like a good package.

PG

Remember folks, my comments and this forum are for entertainment value only, please, no wagering or other reliance on the contents herein.  I permit no commercial use of my ideas (whether expressions or embodiments) without my written consent.

08/21/2020 05:29 PM

Author Icon
Grandslam

Wow, you have certainly been busy! We're getting new Dragon-unfriendly software at work soon and I think I'm going to need this.

08/22/2020 07:52 AM

stevember

I have been using version 5 and love it, really pleased to see a new version and ordered the upgrade without hesitation.
 08/22/2020 04:57 PM

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

Thanks PG and Grandslam for the comments. 

Steve your comment is also much appreciated, hope you like the new version!

We (that's me and the new programmer) have been working on SP 6 PRO for the last 10 months in a stretch for many hours a day, every day. It has been an exciting journey. Actually we're just getting warmed up. There is much more to come in the future. The program will be updated and improved frequently. 

As always we are open to suggestions from Dragon users. A lot of features implemented in the program today were user requests. So feel free to post them here and we'll see what we can do.

08/23/2020 08:26 AM

Author Icon
Mphillipson
Top-Tier Member

Great work on the new update!

Some requests for future updates:

I would like to be able to search the Internet with a search term that has been dictated directly into the Dictation Box. 

For example by clicking a button it would open my default web browser with the search to enter, and the results shown.

Also sometimes, I'm dealing with an application that does not maintain the focus at the right place, therefore I would like to have a button where you can Just Copy and not Transfer.

I would like to be able to set custom font just for the actual dictation.

I would also like to report the following bug:

When you set High Contrast View, the Female Voice checkboxe label becomes invisible. Also the two checkboxes below do the same.

Regarding the Plates.

Would it be possible to include filter text boxes for the categories, keywords and strings.

Sometimes my memory fails me and I can only remember 1 or 2 words of what I'm trying to select. Being able to enter just a single word with the results shown that contain that word would help with memory recall.

Are there any plans to create a global database that people could use as a starting point, which would initially contain generic items?

Thanks Mark

Dragon Professional Advanced Scripting/KnowBrainer Scripts
Video Examples of Coding by Voice

08/23/2020 09:22 AM

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

Thanks Mark, your comments are appreciated.

"When you set High Contrast View, the Female Voice checkbox label becomes invisible. Also the two checkboxes below to the same."

They do become visible as soon as you enable TTS feature in the box:

"I would like to be able to search the Internet with a search term that has been dictated directly into the Dictation Box."

Yes, we will include this in DB in the next update.

Also sometimes, I'm dealing with an application that does not maintain the focus at the right place, therefore I would like to have a button where you can Just Copy and not Transfer.

Will do, should be easy enough.

"I would like to be able to set custom font just for the actual dictation."

You mean this? This can be done in Advanced Mode:

Rob

08/24/2020 08:40 PM

Author Icon
tar

I have also updated Plate today, so that should be coming out soon as well. It gives you a very easy filter capability to very quickly get to your desired string. Now, with potentially only two words dictated (any part of the category and any part of the keyword), you can get to the target string.

Tom

programmer for: http://speechproductivity.eu/

08/23/2020 09:31 AM

Author Icon
Mphillipson
Top-Tier Member

Hi Rob thanks for your reply. Regarding the fonts I mean in plain text mode. The reason being when coding I like to use Cascadia Code font which includes font ligatures and makes for reading code a lot more intuitive. Basically it combines two characters like >= to a single character. I am used to this in my IDE, so would make sense in the dictation box also.

Also did you see my comments regarding Plates?

Thanks Mark

08/23/2020 10:05 AM

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

Yes, I just did. Should be possible to add a checkbox in DB Config to make cascadia font default in Simple (and Dual) Mode.

Or we could simply create a custom DB AIO version for you where cascadia is the default font.

I just sent this and your requests for Plates to Tom (the new programmer). He will get back on this soon.

08/23/2020 01:36 PM

Author Icon
tar

Hello Mark,

I am the "new" SP programmer. Well, maybe not so "new" – been programming for over 30 years. However, a neurological disorder left me quadriplegic. So, life has changed for me. My abilities have actually improved slightly the last couple years to the point that I'm able to do some work again. 

I got in touch with Rob last year when it appeared that his product could be helpful to me. It turns out that I could also be of help to him. Between the two of us, we have developed some tools that I use everyday. I'm sure many will find some of the things that we have useful as well. At least I hope so.

I like your suggestions Mark.

Regarding the font suggestion – there are a couple ways that we could move on this one. With some minor changes, it would be extremely easy to use the same font as defined in the advanced box to be used in the other boxes as well.

As for Plates – definitely could add some filtering capability for sure. As far as a generic initial starting point – extremely easy to do technically. It's just that there are so many different customer requirements out there, I did not know where to start. If anyone wants to send or post a list, we could certainly make that happen.

As far as the copy request – so you are asking if he can just do half of the process – while in the dictation box, ask for a copy, it will go to the target application and get the selected text, if nothing selected, copy everything, and then simply return back to the box?

Tom

08/23/2020 02:36 PM

Author Icon
Mphillipson
Top-Tier Member

Hi Tom,

I'm glad you liked my suggestions.

Regarding the font suggestion, yes that sounds fine, just need to be able to set a default font that's changeable by a user.

As for the copy request, actually it's the other way round. I want to to be able to dictate something into the Dictation Box, and then click on a button called say Copy Only. This would hide the Dictation Box, automatically switch back to the original application but do nothing else. This would enable me to position the cursor in the correct position, before pasting into the application.  This is because sometimes when I'm in an application and I switch away from it, and then switch back the cursor is not in the original place, i.e. in a properties window in Visual Studio.

Regarding the Plates, currently I use KnowBrainer scripts to enter strings directly into an application from a database.  This enables me to list a subset of options and drill down with my voice to get the actual value I want. It also means I don't have to switch away from my current application and loose focus.  Please feel free to look at my github for examples at the link below.

Thanks Mark

08/24/2020 02:19 PM

Author Icon
tar

Tom

08/25/2020 07:51 AM

Author Icon
Mphillipson
Top-Tier Member

Yes this looks superb!

Also I think I forgot to mention when clicking the Web Search, it would be useful if the system checked if there was something selected, and use that as the search term, otherwise use the whole of the text in the dictation box.

Thanks Mark

08/25/2020 10:45 AM

Author Icon
tar

well, more good news, that is exactly how it operates! 

Tom

08/26/2020 05:23 PM

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

We just updated SP PRO to version 6.6. In addition to the above improvements to the Dictation Box and improvements to other modules we also added SP Text Tools  

It’s the ultimate tool to Case, Correct, Quote, Remove, Replace and Sort words in any speech unfriendly application without the need to use a dictation box.

You can directly Change words or sentences in your speech unfriendly target application with the included SP Selection Tool almost in the same way you would do with the Dragon correction window. It also supports multiple text matches.

But that's only the beginning. You can directly Remove or Replace words with only one command.This even works with compounded strings (like words inside a URL in the browser address bar).
The removal feature is very powerful it also allows you to remove unnecessary Apostrophes, Braces, Brackets, Colons, Commas, Dashes, Hashes (#), Parens, Periods, Questions (?), Spaces, Stars (*), Tildes (~), Underscores etc.. The Replacement feature not only allows replacement of words
 (i.e. replace Rob with Tom) but also replacement of dashes with hyphens, straight quotes with curly quotes etc.).

Easily Alphabetize and Sort your text or directly apply all popular Casings like camelCase, PascalCase, kebab-case, Snake_Case to your text. SP Text Tools is also the easiest way to quickly Quote or Unquote text in your speech unfriendly target application.

Even more features will be added to this module in the future!

Current SP 6 PRO customers will receive this update soon.

08/27/2020 10:54 AM

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

The SP PRO update to version 6.6 was just send to all customers. If you did not receive the email, please contact us.

08/28/2020 12:00 PM

Author Icon
Mphillipson
Top-Tier Member

Hi Tom,

Regarding the new Web search functionality of the all in one dictation box.

It seems a little slow when it starts. Please see the video for more information:

https://www.screencast.com/t/iuFEVOOFlC8

Also please note the C# code I use which assumes that Google is the search engine to use, which is obviously my choice only is as follows:

Process.Start("https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=" + searchString);

Thanks Mark

08/28/2020 12:20 PM

Author Icon
tar

Hello Mark,

On the configure page, there is a "web speed factor" text box where you can enter a number which is the number of milliseconds delay before trying to enter the search string. The idea here is that the time it takes varies from machine to machine for how long to invoke your browser. Some people will have their browsers up and running all the time, which of course would speed up the process for our box to proceed. 

So, you can adjust that speed factor by entering a lower number. For example, I have mine set at 2200 at the moment. By default, it's 3500 if I recall right. This number will be saved for future use. Certainly, lower the number if you're finding it appear to respond slowly to start with.

If it still an issue, please let us know. There are other factors that can be adjusted by the program that we can look at for future adjustments.

Tom

08/28/2020 12:44 PM

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

I cannot reproduce that Mark, it works quite smooth on my system as you can see in this short video:

My speed factor is at its default setting:

I could probably crank up the speed some. But particularly Chrome sometimes has a tendency to load slow my system, contrary to Edge which really works a lot smoother.

I have a feeling though that browsers in general were a lot faster a couple of years ago. Maybe it has to do with all the ad and privacy blockers extensions I have installed

08/28/2020 02:22 PM

Author Icon
Mphillipson
Top-Tier Member

Okay I've adjusted mind to 1000, and the speed is very much better thank you very much.

Thanks Mark

08/28/2020 02:39 PM

Author Icon
tar

that is great, you might be able to tweak it down a bit lower. When it gets too low, the search string will fail to be written into the browser. Then just back it up a little bit higher. Mine works fine at 500, for example.

Tom

08/28/2020 02:41 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

While your video was impressive, it seemed like walking around the block to get to a coffee shop across the street. The KnowBrainer 2 - 3 second single step Google For <studio microphone>  command is global and will always search through your favorite browser. While you can choose any browser via your approach, we don't believe most end-users would care about that particular feature. If they did, it would be easy enough to create a variation of the following command which you can copy into Dragon if you don't have KnowBrainer: 

Sub Main
ShellExecute "http://www.google.com/"
Wait 1.5
SendKeys ListVar1
Wait 0.5
SendKeys "~"
End Sub

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

08/28/2020 03:21 PM

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

"While your video was impressive, it seemed like walking around the block to get to a coffee shop across the street."

I'm afraid there's a little bit more to it than that.

Although the KB method (which will probably work faster if you use DVC scripting in KB) can be a good approach for simple search queries where no recognition mistakes are to be expected, it most certainly isn't always "what you hear is what you get" that's being sent to Google. And we all know that big brother is watching over your shoulder .

In addition most Dragon users probably don't have the 98%/99% accuracy that some users on this forum claim to have (I know I don't, 95% is more realistic in my case I think).

Using Open-Ended commands simply has limitations, that's just how it is.

Personally I prefer to do my Google searches with full Select-and-Say control so I know exactly what I get. I prefer to do them right from my desktop because I'm too lazy to open up a browser myself . That's why I choose SP Search which supports five browsers for quick Internet searches.

That being said, what could be more convenient then an additional quick Select-and-Say enabled Web Search option on board in both DB and SP Editor while you are working in them anyway with any word(s) you highlight?

This is just what SP PRO offers as yet another additional feature. Seems like a no-brainer to me

08/29/2020 01:34 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Diligence, you have made several excellent points which we are more than happy to concede to; with only a couple of minor notes, that do not detract from your answer.

1. Most KnowBrainer commands are not DVC scripts because there is no speed advantage and DVC is still legacy. KnowBrainer 2014+ and Dragon versions 15.5+ use WinWrap Basic rather than Dragon's outdated SAX Basic scripting engine. Having said that, KnowBrainer includes a few DVC commands because DVC scripting has some advantages; speed isn't 1 of them. We recommend DPI 15.3 users go with DVC scripting until Dragon 15.6 is released. Even when Dragon 15.3  users can enjoy the advantages of WinWrap Basic, there will still be some situations where DVC scripting will be a better choice and it is never a bad choice.

2. While we concur with your search points, especially Boolean searches, we also believe that most end-users only use one browser and one search engine; usually Google. When it comes down to searching for something easy like “studio microphones” being able utilize a global search command like Google for <studio microphones> is probably going to be 20 times faster. If your dictation is misrecognize, it's easy enough to repeat the process. We are by no means belittling your work but simply pointing out that in our workflow, a quick efficient search approach is preferred in most situations but as you pointed out, definitely not all of the time.

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

08/29/2020 09:22 AM

Author Icon
sterlingtimes
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: Lunis Orcutt While your video was impressive, it seemed like walking around the block to get to a coffee shop across the street. The KnowBrainer 2 - 3 second single step Google For   command is global and will always search through your favorite browser. While you can choose any browser via your approach, we don't believe most end-users would care about that particular feature. 

The Speech Productivity approach to searching is very good when the search itself is complex and may also need some Boolean, e.g.

snail +"ginger beer" +donoghue

I have often needed to edit and correct my search terms.

08/23/2020 01:58 PM

Author Icon
kkkwj
Top-Tier Member

Congratulations Rob and Tom! I just bought the (large) package of utilities and am looking forward to trying them all out. Thank you for the introductory pricing too - it made the purchase decision a "no brainer" (:-)). I can tell just by looking at the list of utilities that a huge amount of software development is behind the product. Your product will move the dictation utilities industry forward a step - there's no doubt in my mind about that.

Win10/x64, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 64GB RAM, Dragon 15.3, SP 6 PRO, SpeechStart, Office 365, KB 2017, Dragon Capture, Samson Meteor USB Desk Mic, Klim and JUKSTG earbuds with microphones

08/27/2020 11:26 AM

Author Icon
sterlingtimes
Top-Tier Member

Thank you for today's update. Everything is getting better all the time.

I'm having trouble with "Middle Of The Screen" (a bit of a tongue twister) even having retrained. I have renamed as "Centralise" and that works.

I love the global sizing and global placement commands. However, all size resetting is relative, i.e. I can reset size maintaining aspect ratio or I can reset dimensions independently. Is there any possibility of having two or three standard aspect ratios from which to start, e.g. a square, a couple of oblongs?

08/27/2020 11:43 AM

Author Icon
tar

Thank you for your comments and suggestions.

I'm wondering if in the meantime, the existing commands "height <1to200>" and "width <1to200>" will help you. While the size command does change both the height and the width at the same time, these two commands will change just the height OR the width. Again, it is a percentage factor. 200 will double the height OR the width, while 50 will reduce the height OR the width by half. And so forth.

Tom

08/27/2020 12:54 PM

Author Icon
sterlingtimes
Top-Tier Member

Thank you, Tom.

In the browser, I use the https://coolx10.com/window-resizer/ extension. The pixel dimensions of the window can be set together with some positioning. Therefore there is no issue in Edge.

In other window programs, there is no reference size. The percentage adjustment are relative. Yes, I can use SP height and width to build a shape but it is a fuzzy way of box manipulation. A command such as "Square-it" would be a possible way forward. Can you have a command which does something like adjusting the aspect ratio?

Regards , Stephen

08/27/2020 02:24 PM

Author Icon
tar

I see now, sure, that can certainly be added to the toolset.

Tom

08/27/2020 04:14 PM

Author Icon
sterlingtimes
Top-Tier Member

Excellent, I personally favour SQUARE 1:1 and OBLONG 1.78:1 as buiding blocks. From there percentage changes can be applied. Alternatively, the building blocks could be based upon specific sizes. 

08/29/2020 03:46 PM

Author Icon
sterlingtimes
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: tar Thank you for your comments and suggestions.

I'm wondering if in the meantime, the existing commands "height <1to200>" and "width <1to200>" will help you. While the size command does change both the height and the width at the same time, these two commands will change just the height OR the width. Again, it is a percentage factor. 200 will double the height OR the width, while 50 will reduce the height OR the width by half. And so forth.

Tom. Please forget my previous comment regarding focus because the composite command does not work consistently.

But do try this.

Open Thunderbird program, maximise, and then close.

Place you cursor manually somewhere near the centre of the screen.

Say "open Thunderbird"

Say "Size 90"

The cursor will most likely appear above the word File

Say "Middle Of The Screen"

Is your cursor now within the Thunderbird box or outside of it?

Argument: The positioning causes a loss of focus.

08/29/2020 04:34 PM

Author Icon
tar

Yes, for some reason I am placing the cursor in reference to the original window location in error, which will place it outside of the new location in certain cases. So if you do an extra command to execute a click, it will definitely cause you to lose focus. 

I am fixing that right now. I have already added the automatic centering of a Maximized window.

Tom

08/29/2020 05:15 PM

Author Icon
sterlingtimes
Top-Tier Member

These are valuable changes that I would personally use day in and day out. Hopefully, others will see the value of these tools. 

08/29/2020 05:21 PM

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: sterlingtimes These are valuable changes that I would personally use day in and day out. Hopefully, others will see the value of these tools. 

Oh, I see the value of these tools

BTW, I also see the cursor moving out of the Thunderbird window upon centering the window but I don't get any focus loss. Anyway, this will be fixed soon.

Update: just sent you the Activation hotfix let us know if that works.

08/31/2020 07:56 AM

Author Icon
sterlingtimes
Top-Tier Member

Thank you, Rob, for the hotfix.

That is a very powerful command. If I say, for instance, "size 80" when a window is maximised then the window resizes to 80% of the original size and centres in both the horizontal and vertical dimensions. Very simple.

08/31/2020 05:13 PM

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

That's good to hear Stephen,

We will make this part of the next update. And while we're at it we will add yet another cool module to the package (no. 23). Should be coming very soon

09/05/2020 08:35 AM

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

We’ve just updated SP PRO to version 6.6.6 (the Number of the Beast ).

Apart from improvements to DB, SP Editor, SysTray and the introduction of Quick Log (a streamlined addition to the SP HyperNotes feature) we added an interesting new module:

New Size is the intuitive, GUI driven tool that complements the global SP Sizing features (which work with relative sizing). This additional utility allows absolute sizing (pixels) for your application and Explorer windows completely by voice of course.

Apart from the 18 default size templates you can add 4 custom templates or directly dictate desired width and height. In addition you can quickly change a square window to rectangle and vice versa.

Current customers will receive this update soon.

08/28/2020 12:22 PM

Author Icon
tar

I like simple, I changed my command to simply "center".

Tom

08/27/2020 09:47 PM

Author Icon
ScottCFP@ABC

Thank you Rob and Tom,
Like others I have bitten the bullet and taken advantage of your introductory offer. Whilst I can't comment much on the package itself as I am a raw beginner when using it, I can comment on the excellent level of service and instructions. The program installed and ran perfectly. Likewise, I followed your instructions in relation to the upgrade you have just sent and this also has installed and runs perfectly.

Finally, I appreciated your prompt and well explained responses to the questions I sent you. Overall, well done from a service perspective. I now have KnowBrainer, DragonCapture and your programme... With the most common elements across these three being the exceptional knowledge Lunis, Rudi and you (plus all your staff /teams) have about Dragon, the way you take the software made by Nuance who seem to have the customer service metric as a low KPI, and synergistically create something far more pleasant and efficient to use. Thank you.

Scott Donoghue

08/29/2020 09:31 AM

Author Icon
sterlingtimes
Top-Tier Member

If I start with a maximimised window and say "Size 98" then the window resizes but is positioned top left as expected. If I want to resize and place the window in the middle of the screen, the following very awkward command will do it. The "Click" is necessary to regain focus but can click on an object. Is there a better composite command to resize a window and place it in the middle of the screen (i.e. middle horizontally and vertically)?

HeardWord "Size","ninety","eight"
Wait 200
HeardWord "Click"
Wait 200
HeardWord "Middle","Of","The","Screen"
 08/29/2020 12:44 PM

Author Icon
tar

am curious if others are having a problem with the window regaining focus automatically after a size command?

The focus should regain automatically to the last active window (from your perspective it is the current active window being acted on). I've never had a problem with that.

It should be as simple as saying "size 98", then "middle of the screen". It is that simple on my system. I would certainly appreciate hearing how many other SP users are having this issue.

It would certainly make sense that if the target window is maximized, then to automatically center the screen. I can certainly make that happen.

Tom

09/13/2020 02:44 AM

Author Icon
Mphillipson
Top-Tier Member

Hi Rob,

Is there a command to restart Dragon and KnowBrainer as opposed to just kill?

I.e. when I have a freeze, I would like to issue a command to Restart Dragon, this would kill any processes and launch for example in my case KnowBrainer.

Also is it possible when you issue the Translucency command in the dictation box, to have the translucency automatically go to 50%.  As this setting does not appear to persist for me.

Cheers Mark

Thanks Mark

09/13/2020 12:03 PM

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

Yes there is. Here is the Command List section about that:

But it depends on whether you are running SpeechStart+ or VoiceComputer in addition. 

If you don't use VC or SS+ then you can simply use any of these two commands (SP will skip these Add-ons if not found). 

However, If you have a freeze then Dragon is likely not going to respond. Therefore we added a range of Kill/Restart executables to load in SP Hotkey Manager. That way you will always be able to quickly Kill or Restart any of these Add-ons if speech is no longer responsive:

However, I will add a dedicated Restart Dragon and KB.exe to the next update for completeness

About Translucency, please note the following section of the Command List:

In your case use the AIO DB Translucency Slider and your setting will be remembered:

SP 6 PRO also features the Global Translucency commands which will allow you to adjust the Translucency level of ANY program or Explorer window (including the DB window of course). However the result is temporary. So preferably don't use them in DB. 

09/14/2020 03:16 AM

Author Icon
Mphillipson
Top-Tier Member

Okay thanks :-)

Thanks Mark

09/23/2020 08:12 AM

Author Icon
sterlingtimes
Top-Tier Member

With the advent of UHD screens, it is pleasing that you have moved from the 2x2 placement matrix used by other programs to the 3x3 matrix which is the same as MouseGrid.

I do find the position names slightly difficult to remember. Along the top, x-axis, we have Left, Center, Right and at the left, y-axis, we have Top, Center, Bottom. MouseGrid position 1 is Top Left, i.e. y-axis, x-axis, whereas MouseGrid position 4 is Left Center, i.e. x-axis, y-axis.

I find it easier to memorise the MouseGrid positions, e.g. Place-1 to Place-9 to place the window in the various positions.

The resizing and placement functionality is working out very nicely.

09/23/2020 03:41 PM

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

The names are somewhat intuitive: 

Accept "Middle Of the Screen". Users may want to change that into "Center". I sort of chose this name for egoistic reasons  

I already have a command named Center which I've been using for years. It places the mouse in the center of the screen.

But "Place 1to9" indeed is a good idea. 

Resizing has been taken to another level in the 6.7 update I just sent. I will post more about that later on tonight.

09/23/2020 08:32 PM

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

We've just updated SP PRO to version 6.7 and added the following features:

(You can click the images for better quality screenshots).

Absolute Resizer

This complements the above New Size utility which allows absolute resizing (pixels). Relative sizing was already featured in SP 6 PRO.

This additional tool gives you a large collection of sizes to immediately apply to your target window. It doesn’t matter which application or (Explorer) window you are working in. Choose any of the 342(!) window sizes. 

Completely revised Hotkeys for Dragon

We removed the old version from the package and included this new version. It works in a similar way as SP Hotkey Manager. You can now load up to one 900 Dragon commands and launch them with a Hotkey (if only you had enough keys on your keyboard

SP Glide

A universal tool for (smooth) scrolling of webpages and text documents. Glide supports scrolling in all directions with various speeds.

A GUI is available, but invisible initially. You can do discrete or continuous scrolling. Control scrolling speed in real-time or set your custom speeds in the Speed Factor configuration menu. In addition you can pause, resume or even reverse the scrolling direction.

The update was sent to all SP 6 PRO users.

09/24/2020 10:57 AM

Author Icon
Edgar
Top-Tier Member

I do not have a PayPal account. I have wanted to buy SP Pro for a couple of years but was unwilling to create a PayPal account for this one purchase. I see that Lunis (via the KnowBrainer website) now has a "coming soon" link for a free trial. When that goes active will I be able to use my credit card at KnowBrainer to purchase SP Pro?

-Edgar
DPI 15.3, 64-bit Windows 10 Pro, OpenOffice & Office 365, Norton Security, Shure X2U XLR to USB mic adapter with Audio Technica DB135 vocal mic, Asus X299-Deluxe Prime, Intel Core i9-7940X (14 core, 4.3 GHz overclocked to 4.9 GHz), G.SKILL TridentZ Series 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3333 (PC4 26600) F4-3333C16Q-64GTZ, NVIDIA GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 GV-N1060G1 GAMING-6GD REV 2.0 6GB graphics card with 3 1920x1080 monitors

09/24/2020 03:15 PM

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

Hi Edgar,

Please send me an email about this, and we'll work something out:

speechproductivity@gmail.com

Rob.

09/24/2020 05:20 PM

Author Icon
Edgar
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: dilligence Please send me an email

Done…

-Edgar
DPI 15.3, 64-bit Windows 10 Pro, OpenOffice & Office 365, Norton Security, Shure X2U XLR to USB mic adapter with Audio Technica DB135 vocal mic, Asus X299-Deluxe Prime, Intel Core i9-7940X (14 core, 4.3 GHz overclocked to 4.9 GHz), G.SKILL TridentZ Series 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3333 (PC4 26600) F4-3333C16Q-64GTZ, NVIDIA GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 GV-N1060G1 GAMING-6GD REV 2.0 6GB graphics card with 3 1920x1080 monitors

09/24/2020 10:19 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Ron exclusively controls SP Pro sales and by the nature of speechproductivity, it is only in position to accept PayPal. We can't blame him for that. Setting up a website credit card portal is a major pain; not to mention expen$ive. However, there are a number of other digital direct payment options. We are not certain, because we don't work this way, but we believe that Ron can use PayPal to send you a credit card bill option but don't quote us on that.

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

09/25/2020 01:48 PM

Author Icon
Edgar
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: Lunis Orcutt don't quote us on that.

We worked something out.

-Edgar

09/24/2020 06:39 PM

mppcarey
Top-Tier Member

Just ordered the upgrade. Look forward to seeing how well it working in an Citrix environment using Epic.

Mike

Dragon Medical Practice Edition 4.3; Dragon Capture, Speechproductivity & Knowbrainer 2017

09/24/2020 10:08 PM

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

We hope it works for you Mike. These are the settings in the DB Config page you will be interested in:

If Transfer is too fast for Citrix you can first set the Transfer Speed slider all the way to the right.

If that's not enough you can check "Transfer with SendKeys" and set that slider for additional latency.

Statistics
31793 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 747 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 747 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.