Voice Utilities you use?   - Anders - 07/03/2020 09:11 AM  
 Voice Utilities you use?   - pazzasenior - 08/09/2020 11:00 AM  
 Voice Utilities you use?   - Lunis Orcutt - 08/09/2020 01:51 PM  
Keyword
 03/25/2020 06:58 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Anders

I've been using NaturallySpeaking (currently, DPI 15 on Win 10) and Vocola for many years, and I'm at a point where I'm thinking about making some tweaks to how I work.  From a quick search of the forum, I see a decent number of folks use DragonCapture and Speech Productivity (SP).  Are there any other free or paid add-ons -- either general ones or add ons specific to Google Chrome -- you think I should try?  If there's already an up to date list, just let me know where.

What Id like to improve:

• Dictating the occasional password, new email addresses, and other tricky-to-dictate words/phrases (which is why I'm going to try DragonCapture and SP)
  • Navigating web pages 
  • Moving/resizing Windows
  • A better mousegrid 

One way to go would be to switch to KnowBrainer or VoicePower.  I've tried both, and although I'm impressed with what they can do and the first rate support they offer, after many many years of Vocola they just didn't feel as comfortable or fluid -- although if you're just starting out I'd highly recommend them.  

Thanks!

Anders

Thanks!

Anders

03/25/2020 09:57 PM

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

When it comes to Chrome/Edge you should definitely try ClickByVoice (free). In addition to that I offer a free utility to quickly turn the ClickByVoice numbers on and off with a Hotkey. You can download the utility at the bottom of the SP Pro page or through this direct Mega link.

Another Chrome extension that I use on a daily basis is Simple Auto Scroll which you can find here.

Finally, if you are still able to press the Backspace key occasionally I recommend Go Back With Backspace. Going back one page with the Backspace key was dropped in Chrome a couple of years ago. This extension will reenable that: 

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/go-back-with-backspace/eekailopagacbcdloonjhbiecobagjci 

-------------------------

www.speechproductivity.eu 

SP 6 PRO - The Dragon Enhancement & Productivity Suite

03/26/2020 12:19 AM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

We recommend DragonCapture for Direct Dictation rather than transferring from a Dictation Box BUT DragonCapture shouldn't be necessary for Google Chrome because it's already Dragon friendly; like the 2nd generation of Microsoft Edge.

KnowBrainer 2017 covers everything you are asking for including Force Dictation. We suspect you are referring to the occasional word which Dragon refuses to make its best guess with when it doesn't know what you said. We suspect this is a Dragon bug. When Dragon decides to ignore some of our personalized vocabulary, even in Dragon friendly environments, we use the KnowBrainer Type <dictation> command which forces Dragon to comply; or if you prefer, make Dragon it's a little bitch

We believe VoiceComputer's Intag numbering technology is unbeatable. Forget about the MouseGrid. Note that usually the only end-users who use Dragon's MouseGrid feature are disabled. We are only asking because if you are disabled, you are eligible for a complementary copy of KnowBrainer 2017.

Vocola is both free and literally unbeatable when it comes to coding. Its disadvantage is the complexity, lack of support and generally lack of existing commands which already exist in KnowBrainer which releases new technology weekly. A few weeks ago we released the ability to open any file or folder in your computer with a single command. A few days later we released a command that would allow you to simultaneously search any folder or file for specific data. Last week we added pseudo-Select-&-Say command capability for non-Dragon friendly applications and this is where DragonCapture comes in. We recommend the following…

Take dilligence's advice and try everything he recommends. We additionally recommend clicking on the Trial Downloads link in our signature tag to take the previously mentioned utilities for 30 day test drives and let us know.

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

03/26/2020 03:23 PM

Author Icon
Mphillipson
Top-Tier Member

Hi Anders,

I used to use Voice Computer as a means to position the mouse anywhere on the screen.

However, I gradually figured out that having numbers obscuring my vision all the time was in some cases counter-productive.

I have since stuck letters and numbers at the edge of my monitors and have a KnowBrainer script to position the mouse according to these coordinates. It enables me to get the mouse within 50 pixels of the destination with one command.

I also have a Browse Scripts (KnowBrainer) application.

These applications are all open source at the link below.

I concur that a fast dictation box is very often required especially when creating several paragraphs of text. There is no substitute for being able to correct text by voice with full text control.

Thanks Mark

Dragon Professional Advanced Scripting/KnowBrainer Scripts
Video Examples of Coding by Voice

03/26/2020 04:20 PM

Author Icon
Anders

Thanks for your thoughts, everybody! Very much appreciated
 06/26/2020 05:16 PM

Author Icon
alexander

Most of what you are asking for can be done with Vocola and/or just adding vocabulary words with specific pronunciations to Dragon proper.
the only exception is "A better mousegrid". I know that the caster project has some pretty cool mouse grids, but it's been a while since I've looked at them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UISjQBMmQ-I

06/28/2020 10:37 PM

Author Icon
kkkwj
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: alexander I know that the caster project has some pretty cool mouse grids, but it's been a while since I've looked at them.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UISjQBMmQ-I

Thanks for posting that link. Some of those grids were cool, for sure. 

Win10/x64, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 64GB RAM, Dragon 15.3, SP 6 PRO, SpeechStart, Office 365, KB 2017, Dragon Capture, Samson Meteor USB Desk Mic, Klim and JUKSTG earbuds with microphones

06/27/2020 02:16 AM

Author Icon
quintijn
Top-Tier Member

I am not using Dragonfly (and Caster) because I already used Vocola and (most by me developed) Unimacro. Lots of Vocola commands I am using all the time, and several Unimacro grammars are used very much. Especially the _folders grammar for switching to folders, files and websites.

For dictation in "non standard windows", I use SP Pro, but also DragonCapture. Both worth the money. I prefer DragonCapture, but it needs solving a few issues.

And I also use "nib" for automatic mouse clicking when you stop moving your mouse. Not all the time, but for several tasks.

And of course clickbyvoice, which appears to be working for all "chromium" browsers, also msedge, and I use for example brave. A new unimacro grammar _clickbyvoice has the necessary voice commands. But with other utilities you can also make browser click by voice.

06/27/2020 01:50 PM

Author Icon
R. Wilke
Top-Tier Member

For dictation in "non standard windows", I use SP Pro, but also DragonCapture. Both worth the money. I prefer DragonCapture, but it needs solving a few issues.

Thanks. Sure there are a few issues in DragonCapture left to resolved. Please be so kind to remind me what found that there are in detail. I have started working on implementing some modifications and new features, recently, but then it seems that I got lost somehow.

No need to buy if all you want to do is try ...

DragonCapture KB Download (Latest)
DragonCapture Homepage

06/27/2020 02:29 PM

Author Icon
quintijn
Top-Tier Member

Ok Rudiger, I will mail you! Greetings, Quintijn
 07/01/2020 08:04 AM

BigTech
Power Member

Originally posted by: Anders
What Id like to improve:
  • Dictating the occasional password, new email addresses, and other tricky-to-dictate words/phrases

I use Vocola 2 for entering usernames and passwords in Chrome all day (I never have them saved because speaking a word and letting Vocola 2 enter it is so easy). The only thing that's tricky is when the website offers up a different format for entering the username and password.

07/03/2020 09:11 AM

Author Icon
Anders

Hi fellow Anders!

I'm also a longtime Vocola user, and I recently started experimenting w Caster for exactly the same kind of issues you mention. So far I like it, but getting fluent at it is going to take some time.

Also, for anyone who finds this thread and is a newbie: start by checking out KnowBrainer and Voice Computer. They are extremely impressive, and the only reason I haven't switched to them is that I'm so fluent w Vocola that making the cognitive leap was too hard. But if I was starting over, I'd definitely use them -- great products and outstanding user support.

Thanks!
Another Anders

08/09/2020 11:00 AM

Author Icon
pazzasenior

Hello all,

I found this thread very interesting. I've used Dragon NaturallySpeaking for a number of years however I have always found it really really difficult to use if you want to try and also control the Windows interface.

Having stumbled across this thread, I am trialling most of the software that has been recommended.

I wonder if somebody is able to advise how many computers "speech start " can be installed on.

Many thanks
Paul
 08/09/2020 01:51 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

5 computers

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

Statistics
31793 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 628 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 628 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.