KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Nuance Dragon Naturally Speaking Premium 13 English UK £29.99
Topic Summary: A correct price or a scam?
Created On: 05/06/2020 06:57 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Keyword
 05/06/2020 06:57 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
BML

I need to digitalise a number of diaries and am nearly convinced that Dragon is the one to buy but I see that it is rather expensive. Then I saw an advertisement ad follows: 

Nuance Dragon Naturally Speaking Premium 13 English £29.99 when other editions are five times that.  Is this advert a scam? Is it possible to get an inexpensive copy?

Just to make sure. What model Dragon do I need for my purpose?

05/06/2020 09:49 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Welcome (See Mission Statement)

Our best guess is that Premium 13 will work because that's all it's worth. However, be weary of purchasing any Dragon products on Amazon, eBay etc. because licensed resellers are not permitted to sell Dragon products other than on their own website. In other words whoever is offering you Premium 13 is an illegal black-market reseller, who cannot offer you any support or even guarantee. Also note that Nuance doesn't support out of date Dragon software either.

Premium 13 is consumer grade (crippled), severely out of date and not even fully Windows 10 compliant. We recommend against this purchase. In our opinion, DPI 15.3 is the real bargain at $300 everywhere. Far more goes into Dragon, for example, than Microsoft Word. What you want to do is a major technical accomplishment and simply isn't cheap. You might want to check out our KnowBrainer Dragon 15 Review but note that it only compares Ver. 14 to Ver. 15.

While, with a little luck, you can take Dragon 
out-of-the-box and begin using it, chances are, you would only be scratching the surface and it usually doesn't seamlessly work out-of-the-box. In our opinion, you need a little help from a decent manual and a quick start; neither of which even Nuance, the manufacturer, includes. The manufacturer is actually the worst place to purchase Dragon from because technical support is dismal. For example, it would help to know about a number of sandtraps that you can easily fix, if you knew what they were. Nuance isn't going to tell you that either. Also note that you will need an appropriate USB Microphones. While Premium 13 includes a microphone, it is highly unlikely that it will even work because it's not USB and analog microphones rarely work on today's computers. 

-------------------------

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

05/07/2020 05:24 AM

Author Icon
BML

Thank you very much for a scathing review that has saved me a lot of time.
Statistics
31794 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 590 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 590 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.