Literal numbers   - PG LTU - 04/23/2020 11:57 AM  
 Literal numbers   - Scribe - 04/23/2020 01:00 PM  
 Literal numbers   - cesmd40831@harlanonline.net - 04/23/2020 09:39 PM  
Keyword
 04/23/2020 09:24 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
cesmd40831@harl..

Does anyone know of a better method to dictate numbers to give results as a "literal" "set full out" "set out in full" "sfo" "longhand" "written out" "spelled out" form?   "seven" - not "7"

I have found using the command "Spell" to be the quickest... and almost the only method.  I certainly do not want to delete "7" from the Vocabulary Editor.

SPOKEN FORM                                                   WRITTEN FORM

"Spell  s e v e n"                                             seven

"Spell cap  s e v e n"                                       Seven

"Switch to DICTATION MODE" "s e v e n"     SEVEN

"press s" "press e" "press v"...                      seven

"John Elway's number"                                  7

"John Elway number"                         7

"uniform number John Elway"                       7

"Switch to SPELL MODE" "Sierra" "Echo"               Sierra Echo Victor echo November

"Switch to SPELL MODE" "letter Sierra"                 letter Sierra

(International Alphabet)                                      Sierra Echo Victor echo November

"Switch to NUMBERS MODE" "s e v e n"               "     "

"Code"  "s e v e n"                                             code SEVE and code

"Code"  "s e v e n" "zero" "backspace"                 code SEVE in 0 backspace

"Code" "s e v e n 1 2"                                        code SEVEN12

Failures using the VOCABULARY EDITOR have been the following:

SPOKEN FORM                                       WRITTEN FORM

"literal seven"                                        7

"literal numeral seven"                           literal 7

"Cardinal seven"                                    7

"longhand seven"                                  7

"Zootseven"                                           7

"Zoot-seven"                                          7

"verbal representation for seven"            7

"written representation for seven"           7

"alphabetical representation for seven"    7

"alphabetical seven"                               7

"seven verbally represented"                  7

"seven set full out"                                 7

"seven set out in full"                              7

"seven sfo"                                            7

"seven sp"                                             7 S/P

"set full out 7"                                        Not allowed because spoken form contains a digit

"7 set full out"                                       Not allowed because spoken form contains a digit

"word name for seven"                           7

"seven espelta"                                      7

"formal seven"                                       7

"seven written out"                                 7

"seven spelled out"                                 7

"seven written"                                      7

"siete"                                                   C8 day

"Spanish siete"                                       Spanish C8 day

"seven palabra"                                     7

"seven palabra'"                                     7          having changed Word Category:  Person's Name                                                                          (default:  None) AND having DELETED PRINTED FORM                                                                             (originally "seven") and keyed in "seven"

-------------------------

CESMD, Carl E. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.P.  DMPE 4.2 Build 15.40.350.062  KB2017 12/02/2019  DCapture 1.0.368 02/2020  Dell OptiPlex3040 Intel Core i7-6700, CPU @ 3.408GHz  RAM16GB   Win10Pro V 1809 64-bit, OS Build17763.864 PhilipsSpeechMike LFH3500/00Premium

04/23/2020 11:57 AM

Author Icon
PG LTU
Top-Tier Member

It is not clear to me what you want to do, but the way Dragon works is somewhat intuitive.

First, check your "Auto-Formatting Options" settings. There you will see a check box labeled "Numbers, if greater than or equal to" next to a drop-down list. That list contains options for "0," "2," "10" and "100," and for instance, may typically be set at "10." This means, when you dictate words indicating a number, the setting will determine whether words or numerals are transcribed and use the numerals when above that setting or the words when equal or below. It may be that the default and your setting is set to "0," but if it is changed to be set to "10" you would be getting the word "seven" not the numeral "7."

Set at "10" means dictating numbers 1 through 10 will produce the words, "one," "two," through "ten," while dictating higher numbers will produce the numerals, 11, 12, etc. In this set up, to get the numerals less than or equal to that setting, simply preface the number you want with the word "numeral," as in saying "John Elway's number was numeral seven" for the result "7."  This also works if that check box is un-checked. Namely, in that case, Dragon will always transcribe the words (e.g., "seven" and "one hundred fifty-two million six hundred seventy-four thousand three hundred and twenty-seven"), but you can avoid that by saying "numeral" before the number when needed.

Incidentally, the correction menu will always offer the alternative as a choice (so either the spelled-out words or the numeral), no matter the setting. And, while using "numeral" will always force the numbers to be transcribed, there is no corresponding preface to get the literal words for when you want them spelled out, other than the correction menu (although unchecking that box will also do it).

So, if you _do_ want the word "seven" spelled out but you have the Numbers, if greater than or equal to 0 or 2 setting, you can try to add to your custom words a spoken form, "literal seven" with the written form "seven" but unfortunately the new Dragon (post ver 13) doesn't work that way and will still pre-process the number based on that setting (resulting in the numeral). So, you must write a scripting command to do it, and then pause before and after the command so it is recognized apart from ordinary disctation.  If this comes up alot for you, just uncheck the box (or set it at 100) and you will get the words spelled out.  Just use "numeral" when you want numbers, or use the correction menu.

Btw, there is also the "numbers" mode which advantageously can be used when you want only numbers to be transcribed (but no other non-number dictation), like entering data in a form or spreadsheet.

Hth,

PG

Remember folks, my comments and this forum are for entertainment value only, please, no wagering or other reliance on the contents herein.  I permit no commercial use of my ideas (whether expressions or embodiments) without my written consent.

04/23/2020 01:00 PM

Scribe
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: PG LTU  And, while using "numeral" will always force the numbers to be transcribed, there is no corresponding preface to get the literal words for when you want them spelled out, other than the correction menu (although unchecking that box will also do it).

One of the most useful commands of the original Dragon software was "Format That Spelled Out." I can't imagine why Nuance got rid of it. 

The woman who dueled with Aaron Burr and won: www.MmeJumel.com

Crohn's News Blog: www.crohns-news.net

04/23/2020 09:39 PM

Author Icon
cesmd40831@harl..

Thank you'all all for the many suggestions.  As I use "digits"* often through the day a prefer keeping the setting at >=0.  I will give an Advanced Scripting Command a try, otherwise "Spell <>" works reasonably well.

*DIGITS - the 10 symbols 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9, used to create numbers in the base 10 decimal number system.

NUMERALS - the symbols used to denote the natural numbers. The Arabic numerals 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 are those used in the Hindu-Arabic number system to define numbers.

NATURAL NUMBERS - the set of numbers, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17,....., that we see and use every day. The natural numbers are often referred to as the counting numbers and the positive integers.

WHOLE NUMBERS - the natural numbers plus the zero.   From https://www.mathgoodies.com/articles/numbers 

Carl E. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.P. “My Dragon” as of 04/23/2020: 
DMPE 4.3 Build 15.50.200.030 Updated 04/07/2020
KnowBrainer 2017 Build 04-02-2020 Updated 04/07/2020
DragonCapture 1.0.368 Updated 04/09/2020
  Philips SpeechMike LFH3500/00 Premium 
Dell OptiPlex 3040
Intel Core i7-6700, CPU @ 3.408GHz
RAM 16GB
Windows 10 Pro Version 1809
64-bit, OS Build 17763.864
Looks like I need to update my KnowBrainer Profile!

CESMD, Carl E. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.P.  DMPE 4.2 Build 15.40.350.062  KB2017 12/02/2019  DCapture 1.0.368 02/2020  Dell OptiPlex3040 Intel Core i7-6700, CPU @ 3.408GHz  RAM16GB   Win10Pro V 1809 64-bit, OS Build17763.864 PhilipsSpeechMike LFH3500/00Premium

KnowBrainer Speech Recognition » General Topics / Other » Literal numbers

Statistics
31791 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 634 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 635 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.