KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Problems with caps, spacing, and corrections
Topic Summary: Issues with Dragon professional 15.3
Created On: 04/02/2020 11:32 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Problems with caps, spacing, and corrections   - Steff - 04/02/2020 11:32 AM  
 Problems with caps, spacing, and corrections   - Scribe - 04/02/2020 12:54 PM  
 Problems with caps, spacing, and corrections   - Steff - 04/03/2020 04:31 AM  
 Problems with caps, spacing, and corrections   - Lunis Orcutt - 04/02/2020 01:25 PM  
 Problems with caps, spacing, and corrections   - Steff - 04/03/2020 05:10 AM  
 Problems with caps, spacing, and corrections   - Lunis Orcutt - 04/03/2020 11:43 AM  
Keyword
 04/02/2020 11:32 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Steff

I am having issues with the latest version of Dragon  15.3 in emails, Microsoft office Word. The following problems exist:

• Spacing, if I make a correction and start  in the middle of a sentence, I will get a Capitalized word andNo spacing (just like shown here)..
  • Additionally, if I try to correct or select the selection It will not Perform thatfunction(Again I'm showing what happens if I try to make us midsentence correction)
  • It's very frustrating because it requires tremendous reworkAnd defeats the purpose of using voice-activated software.
  • I have started and rebooted a number of times and nothing seems to correct. I would appreciate any help anyone can offer.

-------------------------
Steff
 04/02/2020 12:54 PM

Scribe
Top-Tier Member

I wonder if you toggled Dictation Mode on by mistake. The correction and selection features don't work in Dictation Mode, although I can't explain the other problems you are having. But at any rate, you might try saying Normal Mode On and see if some of the problems disappear.

The woman who dueled with Aaron Burr and won: www.MmeJumel.com

Crohn's News Blog: www.crohns-news.net

04/03/2020 04:31 AM

Author Icon
Steff

Thank you for your suggestions, unfortunately, even after going back and forth and even reinstalling the Dragon 15 professional individual, I am still facing the same problems. When I try to correct, I get the message no Matching text. And as you can see, I still get caps every time I try to make a change in a sentence. I don't know how. 15 has been corrupted in My primary computer. I've been using Dragon systems since the first version and before that Lernout & Hauspie, Which was the predecessor to Dragon.

In my 20+ years of usage, this is the first time I have these problems. In the past I could contact nuance and get some sort of assistance. This apparently longer possible without the significant up charge. It's a bit disappointing because it really does limit my usage of the Software. I suspect, that nuance be focusing more attention on voice-activated so for the automotive industry and other applications. Thanks again for your help and assist.

Steff

04/02/2020 01:25 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

99% of the time this problem is caused by either the end-user making the mistake of launching Microsoft Word, Outlook or Excel before Dragon is launched or the end-user has lost the NatSpeak (Dragon) add-in. If you fall into the 2nd category, you'll find details on enabling the NatSpeak add-in under the Quick Tips button, at the top of this page, when you look up “What to Do When You Lose Select-&-Say in Microsoft Word”.

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

04/03/2020 05:10 AM

Author Icon
Steff

When I try to repair Dragon 15 professional, I get an error message as follows:
error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows installer package. The program run as part of the set up did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package manager. Action generate location: C: program files NaturallySpeaking 15 program NatSpeak.execute command.

I have been using the normal mode and it doesn't matter which application I use whether it's Microsoft Word, DragonPad, AOL Mail I am having the same problems. This is been going on for at least six months and become quite a persistent problem. My main computer has 32 GB of RAM, 1 TB of SSD memory, And additionally 500 GB of SSD and 2 TB of HDD. Using the Windows 10 home system. I don't think buying another Dragon 15 is the solution, but, I'm not sure what else to do.

Steff
 04/03/2020 11:43 AM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Don't waste your money. It doesn't matter if you originally received DPI 15 on a flash drive, download or DVD. It is all the same; no matter the media. Just make certain you are using Ver. 15.3 rather than 15.0.

You will find a detailed explanation on 1722 error under the Quick Tips button at the top of this page, when you look up “1722”. HOWEVER, we don't believe you need to reinstall Dragon. A popular Dragon misnomer is that when Dragon seems to be doing something incorrectly, you should reinstall. Dragon rarely needs to be reinstalled.

Discontinue repairing/reinstalling Dragon unless no other option presents itself. In this case, uninstall Dragon, copy your user profile to a safe location (like Windows desktop) and run DragonRemover to rip every trace of Dragon from your computer; even your System Registry. Think of it as uninstalling Dragon on steroids. This will allow you to completely start over, without sacrificing 1 of your 5 activations.

The usual reason for unwanted capitalization, when editing selected text, is #1 you are dictating into a non-Dragon friendly environment (denoted by the green • in the DragonBar) and #2, you dictated a period at the end of your sentence before attempting to correct. When dictating into a non-Dragon friendly app, Dragon has no idea where your cursor is so if your last dictation was a period, Dragon will capitalize the 1st word you dictate, even if you are editing or correcting.

If you wish to prevent unwanted capitalization, either dictate into Dragon friendly environments, like the Dragon Dictation Box (followed by cutting and pasting) or consider a third party utility such as DragonCapture. You'll find 30 Day trials of DragonCapture and various other Dragon related utilities in our Trial Downloads of Dragon 15, DMPE 4.KnowBrainer 2017, DragonCapture and SpeachStart+.

Your hardware is more than ample but has nothing to do with this problem. AOL is not Dragon friendly but you should definitely see the DragonBar green • in Dragon friendly applications such as Microsoft Word and DragonPad. Keep in mind that Microsoft Word should only be opened after Dragon is launched. This issue should be impossible in DragonPad but if you are experiencing this odd capitalization behavior in DragonPad, you have another problem on your computer that has nothing to do with Dragon; such as an incompatible utility like an unnecessary grammar checker. If this is the situation, try opening Windows Task Manager and End Tasking all non-essential apps and background processes. This is the process of elimination. Of course we are assuming that you already tried creating a new profile, for test purposes.

Our Dragon History:

We edited your original post because you were little off on Dragon's previous owners. Before Nuance took over, ScanSoft owned Dragon. Before ScanSoft, it was Lernout & Hauspie and before them, DragonSystems. We have been third party Dragon developers since 1993 and started using the 1st continuous speech recognition beta release in 1996; one year before it was released to the public. 

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

Statistics
31783 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 861 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 862 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.