KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: "Please say that again" popup appears when microphone is off
Topic Summary: Unexpected popup.
Created On: 01/25/2020 12:03 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 "Please say that again" popup appears when microphone is off   - jswesq - 01/25/2020 12:03 PM  
 "Please say that again" popup appears when microphone is off   - Lunis Orcutt - 01/25/2020 05:45 PM  
 "Please say that again" popup appears when microphone is off   - jswesq - 02/20/2020 11:30 AM  
 "Please say that again" popup appears when microphone is off   - Lunis Orcutt - 02/20/2020 07:22 PM  
 "Please say that again" popup appears when microphone is off   - Ai - 05/02/2020 05:32 PM  
 "Please say that again" popup appears when microphone is off   - Lunis Orcutt - 05/02/2020 11:40 PM  
Keyword
 01/25/2020 12:03 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
jswesq

I am using DNS legal 15.40.200.037 with Phillips Speechmike Pro microphone.

I will turn off the microphone when not dictating and yet the popup window "please say that again" will appear, right at my cursor, blocking what I am doing.  I have to turn the microphone on and off to make it disappear, but it will pop up again later. If I move the popup out of the way and ignore it, DNS loses its place if I try to dictate, and then I have to close and reopen DNS.

01/25/2020 05:45 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

A few corrections if you don't mind. You're not using DNS anything. This terminology was retired 2 versions ago. You are using Dragon Legal Individual (DLI 15.3); not 15.4 which does not and never will exist.

When you turn your microphone off do you mean you are toggling off a hard switch on your microphone or changing the Dragon microphone icon from green to red? This should do the trick. If you're attempting to toggle a switch on your actual microphone, forget about it. Most microphones leak.

You can eliminate that pesky Select-&-Say Smart Format Box drop-down by removing the checkmark from Show Smart Format Rules under the Dragon options corrections tab.

-------------------------

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

02/20/2020 11:30 AM

Author Icon
jswesq

Whatever it's called (my info was directly from the splash screen), I keep getting the message whether I toggle the microhone or press the icon. 

02/20/2020 07:22 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Your answer was helpful. We now suspect that you are attempting to dictate into a non-Dragon friendly application. Try opening DragonPad or Notepad and if you see the same message, you have another problem but if you're able to dictate, Dragon is simply telling you that you cannot dictate into the application you have chosen. If we are correct, which is a big if, it might be time to check out a trial of DragonCapture (for direct dictation) and perhaps KnowBrainer 2017 for correcting. You will find 30 day trials of these utilities when you click the Trial Downloads link in our signature tag.

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

05/02/2020 05:32 PM

Author Icon
Ai

Originally posted by: Lunis Orcutt Your answer was helpful. We now suspect that you are attempting to dictate into a non-Dragon friendly application. Try opening DragonPad or Notepad and if you see the same message, you have another problem but if you're able to dictate, Dragon is simply telling you that you cannot dictate into the application you have chosen. If we are correct, which is a big if, it might be time to check out a trial of DragonCapture (for direct dictation) and perhaps KnowBrainer 2017 for correcting. You will find 30 day trials of these utilities when you click the Trial Downloads link in our signature tag.

This looks really interesting.

I have the same problem. Using a philips mic and the same issue. In remote desktop using Word 365/Outlook 365. However I cannot dictate into it as it does not pick it up properly so Dragon offered the dragonpad (?). Will Dragoncapture work with remote desktop (and specifically with Word and Outlook 365? If so happy to purchase.

05/02/2020 11:40 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

When you are dictating into a remote desktop, Dragon has no idea what application you are using and treats any remote application as a non-Dragon friendly environment. You may or may not be able to dictate but you won't have the usual perks like Select-&-Say or Active Accessibility.

Dragon's default setting is to pop up the Dictation Box, force you to dictate into the box and then transfer your text to the remote target application. Yikes! We find Dragon's automatic Dictation Box to be a bit lethargic and more often than not, undesirable. After disabling the Dictation Box, if you feel you need to bring it up and simultaneously capture your 1st utterance, say Box <dictation>. Notepad <dictation> is even faster and you transfer your dictation by saying Transfer. As slick as that is, we prefer to avoid those workarounds.

The KnowBrainer Dragon Installation/Training Guide, which is complementary to our Dragon customers, recommends removing the checkmark from Use the Dictation Box for unsupported applications. And...Yes, DragonCapture will eliminate this problem.

DragonCapture works in any environment that is non-Dragon friendly, like any remote connection or numerous local applications like OneNote, PowerPoint and Evernote. DragonCapture Direct Dictation is even smart enough to capitalize the 1st word with proper spacing. DragonCapture's unique feature of automatically capitalizing the 1st letter in your 1st utterance, in any location, is also its weakness. For example, if you attempt to correct a word that you select with your mouse, DragonCapture may insert your correction in the wrong place with a capital letter. DragonCapture works ideally with KnowBrainer 2017 which includes the Type <dictation> command to check for proper spacing, capitalization and move your cursor back to the end of the current paragraph; so that you can resume dictating. When attempting to directly dictate, edit or correct in any non-Dragon friendly environment (when the DragonBar green • goes AWOL) we recommend the combination of DragonCapture and KnowBrainer 2017.

Your question shouldn't be “will DragonCapture work on a remote computer running Office 365?” The question should be “will DragonCapture work in any application, anytime, anyplace (including remotely) that will accept typing?”  YES!

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

Statistics
31783 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 537 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 537 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.