DPI 15.6 and Object References   - Alan Cantor - 09/12/2020 11:26 AM  
 DPI 15.6 and Object References   - Matt_Chambers - 09/12/2020 02:56 PM  
Keyword
 09/12/2020 08:58 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Matt_Chambers
Top-Tier Member

I'm stumped.  How do you insert references to an application's object library in DPI 15.6?  I've tried clicking on the icon of the little box and I've tried right clicking in the body of the command, but I can't figure how to do it.

Also, there is a bug in the Command Editor so that the little icons above the text of the command don't show up until you mouse over them.

09/12/2020 09:10 AM

Author Icon
Matt_Chambers
Top-Tier Member

Never mind. "Alt+Enter" gets you there. I think you used to be able to use the steps I listed in my previous message. Ah, Nuance, I like the new scripting engine, but wish you had gotten the little stuff right too.
 09/12/2020 11:26 AM

Alan Cantor
Top-Tier Member

Although Nuance was alerted of this issue months before they released the latest DPG, it would seem Nuance did not prioritize it for repair. I'm guessing they did not view the issue as critical, as it affects only a tiny number of very geeky Dragon users. Now, DPI 15.6 has inherited the problem.

Thank goodness Alt + Enter still works. It's the method I've always used to get to the References page. I learned it in 2007 from Larry Allen during a course he taught on Dragon scripting. I think he also showed us that the References page was accessible via the context menu, but because I had memorized the hotkey, I don't think I ever noticed there was a button in the user interface! The button is still there, but permanently greyed out.

The missing context menu item and button are not super critical issues, but I hope Nuance restores the functionality in the next releases of DPI and DPG.
 09/12/2020 02:56 PM

Author Icon
Matt_Chambers
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: Alan Cantor Although Nuance was alerted of this issue months before they released the latest DPG, it would seem Nuance did not prioritize it for repair. I'm guessing they did not view the issue as critical, as it affects only a tiny number of very geeky Dragon users. Now, DPI 15.6 has inherited the problem. Thank goodness Alt + Enter still works. It's the method I've always used to get to the References page. I learned it in 2007 from Larry Allen during a course he taught on Dragon scripting. I think he also showed us that the References page was accessible via the context menu, but because I had memorized the hotkey, I don't think I ever noticed there was a button in the user interface! The button is still there, but permanently greyed out. The missing context menu item and button are not super critical issues, but I hope Nuance restores the functionality in the next releases of DPI and DP
G.

Thanks, Alan. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one experiencing this problem.
On the button, it becomes active when I mouse over it, but clicking on it doesn't reveal any object libraries except for the ones that are built into Dragon.

Statistics
31791 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 699 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 701 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.