KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Quickly access and update an existing list
Topic Summary: Reviving a very old topic
Created On: 08/15/2020 12:22 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Quickly access and update an existing list   - Karen Willenken - 08/15/2020 12:22 PM  
 Quickly access and update an existing list   - Karen Willenken - 08/15/2020 03:51 PM  
 Quickly access and update an existing list   - Matt_Chambers - 08/16/2020 10:02 AM  
Keyword
 08/15/2020 12:22 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Karen Willenken
Power Member

Back in early 2012, Lindsay suggested a great script for a person who wanted to build a list at runtime.

I have a similar goal, which is to make it faster and easier to update existing lists on a semi-regular basis. Without a script, this requires navigating to the relevant command in the command browser, editing it, navigating to the list, etc. I want to be able to just open up the list with a command, select all, paste from another application, and save/close the list.

When I tried pasting Lindsay's code into Knowbrainer, I got errors on lines 2/3. When I pasted it into a new global command within the Dragon Command Browser, I could save the command, but Dragon would not recognize what I said when I tried to trigger it. Can anyone help me diagnose the problem? 

Lindsay's code:

Sub Main

Dim EngineControl As New DgnEngineControl

EngineControl.DlgShow(dgndlgNewCommandWizard, 0, , 0)

Wait 1

SendKeys"%m"

Wait 0.5

SendKeys"%i", True

SendKeys"^a", True

SendKeys"myNamesList", True

SendKeys"%c", True

SendKeys"Larry~Rüdiger~Lindsay~Lunis", True

SendKeys"{Tab}~", True

SendKeys"~", True

ControlPick"Cancel"

Wait 0.1

SendKeys"%y"

End Sub

Thanks!

Karen

08/15/2020 03:51 PM

Author Icon
Karen Willenken
Power Member

Never mind - I think I've found the answer. I already had a reference to Dragon NaturallySpeaking ActiveX Controls, but apparently I also needed a reference to Dragon NaturallySpeaking Vocabulary Tools.

In KnowBrainer, I was able to get it to work by finding another command that used the library.
 08/16/2020 10:02 AM

Author Icon
Matt_Chambers
Top-Tier Member

I never found a way to do this efficiently with the Command Browser. Instead, I used to do it with SayWhatPro, which was a lot faster to open.

I suppose if you keep the Command Browser open all of the time you could find and update a list pretty quickly, but I don't like having the Command Browser open. To me, the Command Browser is one of the biggest weak points of Dragon Professional.
Statistics
31794 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 668 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 668 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.