KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: requesting help to activate links in my web based EMR
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/08/2020 05:36 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 requesting help to activate links in my web based EMR   - dicdoc - 09/08/2020 05:36 AM  
 requesting help to activate links in my web based EMR   - MDH - 09/08/2020 07:48 AM  
 requesting help to activate links in my web based EMR   - dicdoc - 09/08/2020 10:43 AM  
 requesting help to activate links in my web based EMR   - Mav - 09/08/2020 09:24 AM  
 requesting help to activate links in my web based EMR   - dicdoc - 09/08/2020 10:42 AM  
 requesting help to activate links in my web based EMR   - Mav - 09/09/2020 02:03 AM  
 requesting help to activate links in my web based EMR   - dicdoc - 09/08/2020 11:55 AM  
 requesting help to activate links in my web based EMR   - Lunis Orcutt - 09/08/2020 04:51 PM  
Keyword
 09/08/2020 05:36 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
dicdoc
Top-Tier Member

my EMR is web based. Some parts are acessible with push buttons whose text can be found via ctrl-f in chrome, and the activated with sendkey "~", 1

Other links can be found the same way, but they don't respond to sendkey "~", 1, althoug they can be clicked with the mouse.

Has someone an idea how I could click these links be voice ?

-------------------------

Memory: 16GB Microphone Brand and Model: LFH 4000 & Flexy Mike  Operating System: win 10, latest update; Surface Book 2, Processor (CPU) Type & Speed: I7 8650 Soundcard Brand and Model: none Speech Software: Dragon Medical Practice Edition, french version: 4.2 Using KnowBrainer?:Yes

09/08/2020 07:48 AM

Author Icon
MDH
Top-Tier Member

I am assuming that you are using Citrix. If correct, SendKeys doesn't work as well as SendDragonKeys does in that environment. Try SendDragonKeys "{Ctrl+1}" etc instead.

MDH

09/08/2020 10:43 AM

Author Icon
dicdoc
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: MDH I am assuming that you are using Citrix. If correct, SendKeys doesn't work as well as SendDragonKeys does in that environment. Try SendDragonKeys "{Ctrl+1}" etc instead.

MDH

No it's a web based app, developped in js, with vaadin

Memory: 16GB Microphone Brand and Model: LFH 4000 & Flexy Mike  Operating System: win 10, latest update; Surface Book 2, Processor (CPU) Type & Speed: I7 8650 Soundcard Brand and Model: none Speech Software: Dragon Medical Practice Edition, french version: 4.2 Using KnowBrainer?:Yes

09/08/2020 09:24 AM

Author Icon
Mav
Top-Tier Member

What could be the reason not to use the built-in way using Dragon's browser extensions and simply saying "click <name of the link>"?

That's basically the main functionality for Dragon Web Extensions - browsing the web and following links by voice...

09/08/2020 10:42 AM

Author Icon
dicdoc
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: Mav What could be the reason not to use the built-in way using Dragon's browser extensions and simply saying "click "?

That's basically the main functionality for Dragon Web Extensions - browsing the web and following links by voice...

You're right, saying click does the trick for modal windows from within the app, but not other items.

I could use display numbers, which works, but I could not use it in macro since the same app element does not receive the same number each time.

But I got already progressed here for modal windows.

Thanks

09/09/2020 02:03 AM

Author Icon
Mav
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: dicdoc  

You're right, saying click does the trick for modal windows from within the app, but not other items.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Apart from calling "alert(xxx)" there's no way I know to show a modal window (modal for the page/tab IIRC) from a web page, so I think you mean something else by "modal window".

And what are the "other items"?

Yes, you can do all sorts of stuff using js and even react to mouse events on elements other than links, but that's really bad design IMHO since that means the page can not be accessable.

Are these the "other items" you're talking about?

09/08/2020 11:55 AM

Author Icon
dicdoc
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: Mav What could be the reason not to use the built-in way using Dragon's browser extensions and simply saying "click "?

unfortunately it works with my voice, but fails when the command is sent via heardword or recognition mimic

09/08/2020 04:51 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

In previous versions of Dragon you could not perform a HeardWord script to another script but could HeardWord a DVC script, Dragon built-in command or even a KnowBrainer command. This has been fixed but may not work in all circumstances. As strange as it sounds, you might consider making 1 of your scripts a DVC script or copy the rest of the original command into your new command.   

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

Statistics
31795 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 875 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 876 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.