next KB's features request   - MDH - 06/14/2020 12:28 PM  
 next KB's features request   - monkey8 - 06/14/2020 12:52 PM  
Keyword
 05/31/2020 03:02 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
dicdoc
Top-Tier Member

I allow my self to post here request for features for future  version of KB, hoping some of them can be implemented, I think for the benefit of most:

1. support accent caraters in KB command's title : 
    1. it will pave the road for localized versions of KB, and give more choice for command names for non-english speakers (in french I have a "copy that" command whose title is must br wrongly spelled "copier sa" (copy her) in order the phonetics be recognized, but oing so the command title is misleading. There are of course severly blocking examples
    2. a localized (french in my case) version would make KB more obvious for non--english speakers, and thus open the market. Before discovering Dragon macros's, then having them fail to work (sendkey stopped working) and seek for an alternative, it was not obivous for me as a foreigner, what KB was doing. I might not be the only one in this case and that's why I think developping french and spanish version might be worthwhile. We could talk about his privately Lunis if you'd like.
  2. having a localised Hardcoded command's title (impossible to have a phonetic in french for "SHOW Global commands"; fortunately it's is possible for "EXPAND/CONTRACT Sidebar")
  3. when mouse floating over a command's title, having it's whole title displayed in a help bubble would help, when sidebar is contracted
  4. add a talking bubble icon, left to command's name, when a description is available; mouseover to display description's content in a help bubble 
  5. sync of commands across mutiple computers (1 new or updated command somewhere updates it elsewhere; allow different enable/disable commands by computer)
  6. if no sync, include automatically timestamp for each commands in order to make it easier to keep sync manually

-------------------------

Memory: 16GB Microphone Brand and Model: Rec Mic II Operating System: win 10, latest update; Surface Book 2, Processor (CPU) Type & Speed: I7 8650 Soundcard Brand and Model: none Speech Software: Dragon Medical Practice Edition, french version: 4.0 Using KnowBrainer?: No

06/02/2020 02:29 AM

Author Icon
dicdoc
Top-Tier Member

another nice addition woudl be like shorctus in chrom ctrl-1, ctrl-2 etc to display each pane of KB sidebar

Memory: 16GB Microphone Brand and Model: Rec Mic II Operating System: win 10, latest update; Surface Book 2, Processor (CPU) Type & Speed: I7 8650 Soundcard Brand and Model: none Speech Software: Dragon Medical Practice Edition, french version: 4.0 Using KnowBrainer?: No

06/12/2020 11:44 AM

Author Icon
dicdoc
Top-Tier Member

vocal "KB commands backup" and an option to add a date and time version to name

06/12/2020 05:08 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: dicdoc vocal "KB commands backup" and an option to add a date and time version to name

This would probably be a good feature now but possibly not so much in the future because you will be controlling how and when your backups are executed. We are currently making regular backups of the original MyKBComands.xml and then manually adding a date to the name like MyKBComands.xml ~ 06-12-2020

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

06/12/2020 02:45 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: dicdoc another nice addition woudl be like shorctus in chrom ctrl-1, ctrl-2 etc to display each pane of KB sidebar

This would defeat the purpose of KnowBrainer because it's only focus is on voice commands. You can already verbally switch between the tabs such as saying Show Application Commands or Show Global Commands but you can go much further than that. Even when you don't have the KnowBrainer sidebar up, you can say Find Application Command <dictation> or kick it up a notch by saying Edit Application Command <dictation> 

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

06/12/2020 03:13 PM

Author Icon
dicdoc
Top-Tier Member

unfortunately, these do not work with french DMPE.

These keys request were in order to have an alternative for non english speakers.

But in betweeen I found out other key combinations, doing the same as ctrl1-1 etc... A sendkeys workaround doing the same as saying show Application command exist.

06/13/2020 02:46 PM

Author Icon
MDH
Top-Tier Member

DicDoc,

To diverge greatly, how is it that your are a physician and know so much about coding? I am impressed! I am a doc too, but no where near your level of scripting knowledge.

MDH

06/14/2020 03:23 AM

Author Icon
dicdoc
Top-Tier Member

I've been involved in software localisation for year (french and italian version of pocket Informant in 2000, for pocket PC and all their competitors+others), or hospital EMR or IT project implementations.

Unfortunately, I never took a chance to take time to fully train and master coding, which would spare me some of my current tiem consuming trial-error-discover process. At the time of residency 80h work a week was normal, so did not left time form much else. But it leaves room for my own improvment, pleasure to learn and exchange with people willing the same in a respectfull and cooperative manner. Which is the case of most members of this forum.

But at the end, improvements gotten even from a trial-error approach saves me time on the long run, so  I got some ROI.

also trying to partner synergy from a former at L&H, who pursued his own IA research facility in Switzerland- I saw it in action with multilingual  locutors, starting a sentence in german, then saying parts of it's speech in another language: the engine understand the language switch and goes on writing and writing with an accuracy result that DMPE is nowhere near. We want to push for an integration with our EMR partner.

So I'm just partly familiar with coding, and belonging to several universes, which make people with binary mindset (black/white; good; bad, etc..) uncomfortbale sometimes.

06/13/2020 02:24 PM

Author Icon
kkkwj
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: dicdoc  

• support accent caraters in KB command's title. it will pave the road for localized versions of KB, and give more choice for command names for non-english speakers (in french I have a "copy that" command whose title is must br wrongly spelled "copier sa" (copy her) in order the phonetics be recognized, but oing so the command title is misleading. There are of course severly blocking examples

• a localized (french in my case) version would make KB more obvious for non--english speakers, and thus open the market. Before discovering Dragon macros's, then having them fail to work (sendkey stopped working)

• having a localised Hardcoded command's title (impossible to have a phonetic in french for "SHOW Global commands"; fortunately it's is possible for "EXPAND/CONTRACT Sidebar")

• sync of commands across mutiple computers (1 new or updated command somewhere updates it elsewhere; allow different enable/disable commands by computer)

• if no sync, include automatically timestamp for each commands in order to make it easier to keep sync manually

•  

Hi dicdoc, Thank you for posting your improvement ideas. I like to learn about how others see the world. I used to make and sell software decades ago, and I have always been interested in internationalization and localization issues. 

If I understand you correctly, you are saying that 1) your DPME could recognize a French utterance for a command and match it against a KB command, but there is no way to represent your French utterance using the ASCII-only character set that KB (and maybe DPME?) use for their command names? If so, then would a UNICODE character set that allowed for accents solve the problem?

Does the same thing occur for keystrokes? Are there special French keystrokes (with accents) on French keyboards? If so, then I suppose SendKeys should be Unicode-aware to send international keystrokes. (Surely Windows has a mechanism for this since Windows is world-wide. Maybe it's in the CurrentCulture settings.)

I thought your idea of timestamping command modifications for easier syncing management was very interesting. Currently the only timestamp available is on the file itself. If you checked each command set modification into a source code control system like Subversion, you could see and manage differences there. I guess you're trying to do the same thing by adding timestamps to your KB command set backup files. For this problem, maybe check out the FreeFileSync program, which can back up your files automatically and keep versions of them. Maybe it could work for you. https://freefilesync.org/manual.php?topic=versioning

Win10/x64, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 64GB RAM, Dragon 15.3, KB 2017, SpeechStart, Dragon Capture, Samson Meteor USB Desk Mic, Klim and JUKSTG earbuds with microphones, Office 365

06/14/2020 03:28 AM

Author Icon
    dicdoc
    Top-Tier Member

thanks for filsync idea.

Here is how a swisskeyboard looks like : https://asset.conrad.com/media10/isa/160267/c1/-/en/002180365PI00/image.jpg?x=600&y=600

It's a interresti case, because it needs accent for german, french and italian.

We have strokes combinations for accents.

Regarding unicode, I'm not sure technically, never dug into that, but it's a trivial problem, where ressources can found out in every open source code repository. Rüdiger will know about it, since he's gifted german programmer.

06/14/2020 08:13 AM

Author Icon
    monkey8
    Top-Tier Member

You can add accented commands using Unicode characters with the Dragon Command wizard so just do that in the meantime. You can't with KnowBrainer because I prevented it inadvertently, meaning not deliberately, but will fix it with next release. Dragon will accept commands in different languages no problem. So with German you can add English commands, with French you can add English commands. Also note I said commands and not dictation.

Regarding Google Chrome why don't you just add your own commands sending the relevant keystrokes  or use the built-in commands "go to 1st tab", "go to 2nd tab…"

06/14/2020 09:24 AM

Author Icon
    dicdoc
    Top-Tier Member

Thanks for this clarification. Since Dragon commands don't work well anymore (sendkeys no longer working adn slow), I prefer to stick with KB; I also found out a trick in the meantime : making up a list with a single word <recapitulatif> list's name contains only one word "récapitulatif", which seems to do the trick, but is a bit less reliable.

Looking forward to the nex version of KB, then :-)

06/14/2020 10:14 AM

Author Icon
    monkey8
    Top-Tier Member

That's a clever trick and just tried it and it works, not surprisingly really as it's just a command name edit box that has these particular characters restricted. Interestingly however I just tested the WinWrap basic implementation of SendKeys with kb and if I try to send, for example, "Rüdiger" I get "Rdiger" whereas with WinWrap basic (I am running DPG 15.5) with Dragon it works correctly and I get "Rüdiger". So have to look into that as well.

06/14/2020 10:38 AM

Author Icon
    dicdoc
    Top-Tier Member

exactly, that's why in these situation I use à <dictation> command, pass ListVar1  to clipboard, then use sendkeys "^v" if I have to use an accented dictation content somewhere

06/14/2020 11:17 AM

Author Icon
    MDH
    Top-Tier Member

"Since Dragon commands don't work well anymore (sendkeys no longer working adn slow)"

Just curious, do you use Citrix? If so, SendKeys is unreliable with Citrix. SendDragonKeys works much better.

MDH

06/14/2020 11:25 AM

Author Icon
    dicdoc
    Top-Tier Member

Yes I have Citrix on standby on all my computers. Went fine initially. but went avry in january I think, so I turned to KB. But I do not dictate on Citrix. A few years ago I did through remote desktop, but it was not that good

06/14/2020 12:28 PM

Author Icon
    MDH
    Top-Tier Member

"Yes I have Citrix on standby on all my computers. Went fine initially. but went avry in january I think"

It may have been that your IT dept. may have changed the Citrix settings which would account for that change. Additionally, Citrix has been problematic with Dragon since Citrix dropped the Program Neighborhood Agent in version 11. Dragon responded by dropping Citrix support. Citrix version 12.3.0.8 was the last Dragon version that seemed to work well. I have tried EVERY Citrix version since and it has been problematic--UNTIL Citrix Receiver 4.9 LTSR (Citrix Receiver 14.9.8000.28) which works great! That said, SendDragonKeys is still to be recommended over SendKeys with Citrix.

MDH

06/14/2020 12:52 PM

Author Icon
    monkey8
    Top-Tier Member

From DPG 15.5 and DMPE 4.3 they are using the new scripting engine WinWrap Basic as opposed to the old scripting engine SAX Basic. SendKeys now works very well but I don't know about over Citrix without trying. However it should be better as it is using a different Windows API function SendInput to transmit the keys.

Statistics
    31622 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
    There are currently 1 users logged in.
    The most users ever online was 3936 on 09/08/2015 at 11:44 AM.
    There are currently 403 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 404 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.