'spell' command   - Anandits - 05/25/2020 11:55 AM  
 'spell' command   - Lunis Orcutt - 05/25/2020 05:57 PM  
Keyword
 05/25/2020 03:03 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Anandits
Power Member

I might be overlooking it somewhere, but am looking for a simple command to force spelling inside a non-supportive dragon environment. Like in this forum! I want to be able to say 'spell t a p' to get 'tap'.  ( rather than getting "spell T AP" or something else – I don't want things capitalised and i don't want spaces). 

most likely the command  is somewhere, but I can't get it working. if this is not yet a no-brainer command, any tips for how to create one? 

05/25/2020 09:34 AM

Author Icon
Edgar
Top-Tier Member

I last grabbed the newest KnowBrainer Commands file on 4 May 2020; the commands you are looking for is "Spell…"

42: <Command name="Spell <ica_complex>" group="KnowBrainer" enabled="true">

53: <Command name="Spell <ica_complex> <ica_complex>" group="KnowBrainer" enabled="true">

67: <Command name="Spell <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex>" group="KnowBrainer" enabled="true">

84: <Command name="Spell <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex>" group="KnowBrainer" enabled="true">

104: <Command name="Spell <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex>" group="KnowBrainer" enabled="true">

127: <Command name="Spell <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex>" group="KnowBrainer" enabled="true">

153: <Command name="Spell <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex>" group="KnowBrainer" enabled="true">

182: <Command name="Spell <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex>" group="KnowBrainer" enabled="true">

214: <Command name="Spell <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex>" group="KnowBrainer" enabled="true">

249: <Command name="Spell <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex>" group="KnowBrainer" enabled="true">

287: <Command name="Spell <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex>" group="KnowBrainer" enabled="true">

328: <Command name="Spell <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex> <ica_complex>" group="KnowBrainer" enabled="true">

Open the KnowBrainer sidebar and look for the Global commands which start with "Spell"; there are 12 of them.

-------------------------

-Edgar
DPI 15.3, 64-bit Windows 10 Pro, OpenOffice & Word 365, Norton Security, Shure X2U XLR to USB mic adapter with Audio Technica DB135 vocal mic, Asus X299-Deluxe Prime, Intel Core i9-7940X (14 core, 4.3 GHz overclocked to 4.9 GHz), G.SKILL TridentZ Series 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3333 (PC4 26600) F4-3333C16Q-64GTZ, NVIDIA GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 GV-N1060G1 GAMING-6GD REV 2.0 6GB graphics card

05/25/2020 10:22 AM

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

Here's an alternative way of spelling in speech unfriendly applications for Speech Productivity users using the Dictation Box Tiny (you can use a similar approach with Notepad, but that's less elegant and less safe . Of course you need to have the "Spell commands bring up Spelling Window" enabled in Dragon Options. 

Double-click any existing SP DVC voice command in Command Browser, click "Create New" and make the following command application specific to "Microsoft Edge"

Spell

AppBringUp "C:\Program Files (x86)\Speech Productivity\dictation box tiny\Dictation Box.exe"

HeardWord "spell"

Make the following command application specific to "Dragon"

Apply

SendSystemKeys "{Enter}"

HeardWord "click","TRANSFER"

Here is a short DEMONSTRATION VIDEO

www.speechproductivity.eu 

The Ultimate Dictation Box for Dragon - SP Ergonomic Text Editor - Hotkeys for Dragon - Better Text to Speech - Easy Guide to Dragon Scripting

05/25/2020 11:55 AM

Author Icon
Anandits
Power Member

Originally posted by: Edgar I last grabbed the newest KnowBrainer Commands file on 4 May 2020; the commands you are looking for is "Spell…"

thanks for that, I did look for 'spell' under global commands, but I couldn't find it – and still can't.

I have kb build 10.23.2019 - I must be outdated. 

05/25/2020 05:57 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

We changed the previous KnowBrainer global Spell <AllCapsAlphabet> to Code <AllCapsAlphabet> because we didn't want it to interfere with Dragon's spell<noCapsAlphabet>  command which handles lowercase spelling very nicely. However, when you are dictating a model number, serial number, automobile number etc. you want all capital letters and numbers. When you are spelling a word, you probably want lowercase.

We recommend installing KnowBrainer Commands Updater to get up and stay up-to-date

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

KnowBrainer Speech Recognition » Commands, Scripts, and Macros - KnowBrainer » 'spell' command

Statistics
31622 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 3936 on 09/08/2015 at 11:44 AM.
There are currently 367 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 369 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.