KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Can't Transfer to SDL Trados Studio with script
Topic Summary: But works fine if dictated
Created On: 12/05/2019 04:04 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Can't Transfer to SDL Trados Studio with script   - lifeisgood - 12/05/2019 04:04 PM  
 Can't Transfer to SDL Trados Studio with script   - PG LTU - 12/05/2019 04:23 PM  
 Can't Transfer to SDL Trados Studio with script   - lifeisgood - 12/06/2019 08:59 AM  
 Can't Transfer to SDL Trados Studio with script   - dilligence - 12/06/2019 11:09 AM  
 Can't Transfer to SDL Trados Studio with script   - PG LTU - 12/06/2019 01:44 PM  
 Can't Transfer to SDL Trados Studio with script   - dilligence - 12/06/2019 02:40 PM  
Keyword
 12/05/2019 04:04 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
lifeisgood
Top-Tier Member

If I say - switch to sdl trados studio - it goes to Studio no problem, however, if I put it in a script
HeardWord "switch","to","sdl","trados","studio" it does not work.

Yes, in the Recognition History it is all in lower case.

I have tried SDL Trados Studio, or just SDL, or just Trados, or just Sudio and various combinations; but none work.

Trying to go from Google Translate to SDL Trados Studio

These work:
HeardWord "switch","to","google","translate"
HeardWord "switch","to","Firefox"
HeardWord "switch","to","Microsoft","Word"

Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

12/05/2019 04:23 PM

Author Icon
PG LTU
Top-Tier Member

Try it with AppBringUp

Or with pgEmultate

For the AppBringUp, a simple Dragon script like this is all you need:

AppBringUp("executable", "C:\Path\to\executable.exe")

You just substitute your actual "executable" name - which can be found in the Task Manager - first without the .exe extension, then with it.

For pgEmulate, take the phrase that worked as copied from your recognition history, probably "switch to S D L Trados studio" (or maybe no cap on trados), and pass it to pgEmulate:

ShellExecute "D:\path to\pgEmulate.vbs ""switch to S D L Trados studio""", 6

Hth,

-------------------------

PG

Remember folks, my comments and this forum are for entertainment value only, please, no wagering or other reliance on the contents herein.  I permit no commercial use of my ideas (whether expressions or embodiments) without my written consent.

12/06/2019 08:59 AM

Author Icon
lifeisgood
Top-Tier Member

Thank you PG.

Big thank you to Rob from Speech Productivity for your script. It works beautifully.

And most of all thank you Lunis for this forum.

12/06/2019 11:09 AM

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

You're more than welcome lifeisgood,

"Activate Trados" was actually meant to be included in the latest  SP Pro application activation commands but I forgot to add it :-(

In the next version I will add support for Memo Q, Déjà Vu, Emacs and most Windows apps as well. SP Pro users who need any of these commands right now can send me an email.

www.speechproductivity.eu 

The Ultimate Dictation Box for Dragon - SP Ergonomic Text Editor - Hotkeys for Dragon - Better Text to Speech - Easy Guide to Dragon Scripting

12/06/2019 01:44 PM

Author Icon
PG LTU
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: lifeisgood Big thank you to Rob from Speech Productivity for your script

What script? Is this something Rob Dilligence won't share with the rest of us because he makes money off it? That is not how this forum should operate generally. I suspect there is nothing so proprietary - or that he didn't learn from us originally - that he couldn't post some actual help for the next person with this problem.

In that regard, I have added additional explanations and to the free solutions I noted above.

PS I don't mind anyone makes money, & Rob's stuff is fine, well thought out, useful for the conveniences they afford at a nominal cost, and he is quite responsive to requests. I just believe we should all be giving to the community where we can. Please also note my signature block, for reference.

PG

Remember folks, my comments and this forum are for entertainment value only, please, no wagering or other reliance on the contents herein.  I permit no commercial use of my ideas (whether expressions or embodiments) without my written consent.

12/06/2019 02:40 PM

Author Icon
dilligence
Top-Tier Member

Philip,

Lifeisgood (SP customer) meant the Trados Activation executable I sent her + it's AppBringUp voice command. It's just an update to the Application Activation feature of SP. I meant to add Trados and the other translator programs much sooner but didn't get around to it yet. That's all, nothing to get excited about ;-)

Of course I'm helping people out wherever I can. I think I've demonstrated this for a long time on this forum (and the voice computer forum as well). 

www.speechproductivity.eu 

The Ultimate Dictation Box for Dragon - SP Ergonomic Text Editor - Hotkeys for Dragon - Better Text to Speech - Easy Guide to Dragon Scripting

Statistics
31556 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 3936 on 09/08/2015 at 11:44 AM.
There are currently 319 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 319 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.