KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Advanced Scripting syntax to press and hold one of the mouse buttons
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/18/2016 10:26 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Advanced Scripting syntax to press and hold one of the mouse buttons   - WeThotUWasAToad - 02/18/2016 10:26 PM  
 Advanced Scripting syntax to press and hold one of the mouse buttons   - Lunis Orcutt - 02/18/2016 10:42 PM  
 Advanced Scripting syntax to press and hold one of the mouse buttons   - WeThotUWasAToad - 02/18/2016 11:09 PM  
 Advanced Scripting syntax to press and hold one of the mouse buttons   - MikeJ - 02/19/2016 02:08 PM  
 Advanced Scripting syntax to press and hold one of the mouse buttons   - Mphillipson - 02/19/2016 11:27 AM  
 Advanced Scripting syntax to press and hold one of the mouse buttons   - PG LTU - 02/19/2016 03:49 PM  
 Advanced Scripting syntax to press and hold one of the mouse buttons   - Lunis Orcutt - 02/19/2016 06:16 PM  
 Advanced Scripting syntax to press and hold one of the mouse buttons   - WeThotUWasAToad - 02/19/2016 08:37 PM  
 Advanced Scripting syntax to press and hold one of the mouse buttons   - PG LTU - 02/20/2016 01:27 PM  
 Advanced Scripting syntax to press and hold one of the mouse buttons   - MikeJ - 02/19/2016 11:41 PM  
 Advanced Scripting syntax to press and hold one of the mouse buttons   - WeThotUWasAToad - 02/21/2016 12:31 AM  
 Advanced Scripting syntax to press and hold one of the mouse buttons   - Mphillipson - 02/21/2016 02:14 PM  
 Advanced Scripting syntax to press and hold one of the mouse buttons   - WeThotUWasAToad - 02/21/2016 09:23 PM  
 Advanced Scripting syntax to press and hold one of the mouse buttons   - Mphillipson - 02/22/2016 11:23 AM  
 Advanced Scripting syntax to press and hold one of the mouse buttons   - WeThotUWasAToad - 02/22/2016 12:57 PM  
 Advanced Scripting syntax to press and hold one of the mouse buttons   - rolbit - 05/04/2019 09:39 AM  
 Advanced Scripting syntax to press and hold one of the mouse buttons   - TheCyborgManatee - 01/11/2020 03:10 PM  
 Advanced Scripting syntax to press and hold one of the mouse buttons   - Lunis Orcutt - 01/11/2020 08:37 PM  
 Advanced Scripting syntax to press and hold one of the mouse buttons   - dilligence - 01/11/2020 09:09 PM  
 Advanced Scripting syntax to press and hold one of the mouse buttons   - TheCyborgManatee - 01/16/2020 06:46 PM  
 Advanced Scripting syntax to press and hold one of the mouse buttons   - Lunis Orcutt - 01/16/2020 07:28 PM  
Keyword
 02/21/2016 12:31 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
WeThotUWasAToad

OK, it worked! And it is awesome!

FYI, I'm a quad and I use DNS constantly but that one has been troublesome because, although I have some movement in my arms, I fatigue quickly. I have a trackball and, using AutoHotkey, I mapped some keys to imitate mouse buttons. However, pressing and holding them has been a problem -- especially for gaming (WoW).

Two more questions if I may.

1) Although the import went smoothly, I did get a pop-up saying:

---------------------------------------
Import Commands
Would you like to validate the
"C:XUsersXSteveXFOLDERS-BY-TAGXc Computerxcs SoftwareXHoldingM
ouseDown.xml" file using the following Data Type Definition?
http://www.nuance.com/NaturallySpeaking/Support/MyCommands/MyCmds11.dtd
You should be connected to the Internet before pressing "Yes
Yes
No
---------------------------------------

Is that to be expected?

2) The commands are working great but I could not find them in my Command Browser and I would like to change the Command Name if that's doable. Can you tell me how to do that?

Thanks again!

-------------------------

A ____________________ [A LOT OF SPACE] ____________________ LOT

"ALOT" is not a word — it never has been a word and it never will be a word.

"A LOT" is 2 words. Remember it as though there's [A LOT OF SPACE] between them.

02/21/2016 02:14 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Mphillipson
Top-Tier Member

The script will appear under your Global Commands at the top because it starts with a list as indicated in the following screenshot:

http://screencast.com/t/0B5x2OYUe

Unfortunately if you rename the command it may not work because it relies on the 2 lists enclosed in angle brackets (<leftrightmiddle> Mouse <down_up>.  You can change the Mouse in the name if you wish without any ill effects, but the lists will need to be in the same position and named the same or least in the same order I guess you could put mouse at the beginning or another word like the following:
Mouse <leftrightmiddle> <down_up>

Regarding the prompt you get when you reimport that happens all the time and is nothing to worry about.  It's just the system checking that the file is in a valid format.

Thanks Mark

Dragon Professional Advanced Scripting/KnowBrainer Scripts
Video Examples of Coding by Voice

02/21/2016 09:23 PM

Author Icon
WeThotUWasAToad

Mark,

That makes perfect sense and thanks for the explanation. This script is far beyond anything I've used before but in addition to providing the functionality I was seeking, it gives me a great example from which to learn more about creating my own commands since, for me, studying scripts is always much more productive when I already understand what they do.

I recognize the convenience of having a single command with three beginning options (left, right & middle) and two ending options (down & up). However, I'm wondering if the code were to be modified into a form which does not include the beginning and ending options (ie so that a fixed command is defined and only a single action ensues), if it would then be more conducive to a change in the command. For example, the command could be "DownClick" and the action could be to hold down the middle mouse button.

I realize that going that route would necessitate six separate command scripts to provide the same options as your single script currently does but for my remedial knowledge, I think it would be a more usable in that form. Plus, I want to see if, having a script for only one of the six actions, I can determine how it must be altered to enable another action.

Thanks

"A LOT" is 2 words. Remember it as though there's [A LOT OF SPACE] between them.

02/22/2016 11:23 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Mphillipson
Top-Tier Member

If you created a command just to hold the left mouse button down it would look something like the following screenshot:

http://screencast.com/t/S3WM9QKkiaJq

Thanks Mark

Dragon Professional Advanced Scripting/KnowBrainer Scripts
Video Examples of Coding by Voice

02/22/2016 12:57 PM

Author Icon
WeThotUWasAToad

That's perfect and just what I was hoping for Mark.

Now I've got your code with its options and six other new commands in which I can modify the Command Name.

Many many thanks!

Statistics
31662 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 4473 on 07/17/2020 at 10:00 AM.
There are currently 478 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 480 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.