KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: How to enable/disable HTML support in DMPE 4.3
Topic Summary: Command/script to enable/disable HTML support
Created On: 08/20/2020 03:11 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 How to enable/disable HTML support in DMPE 4.3   - Btlaxman - 08/20/2020 03:11 PM  
 How to enable/disable HTML support in DMPE 4.3   - Lunis Orcutt - 08/20/2020 07:57 PM  
 How to enable/disable HTML support in DMPE 4.3   - Btlaxman - 08/21/2020 10:47 AM  
 How to enable/disable HTML support in DMPE 4.3   - PG LTU - 08/21/2020 10:54 AM  
 How to enable/disable HTML support in DMPE 4.3   - Lunis Orcutt - 08/21/2020 01:18 PM  
Keyword
 08/20/2020 03:11 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Btlaxman

Hi, I am using two different browser based reporting tool. In first reporting tool, if I enable HTML support in DMPE 4.3 options, I get full select and say compatible, however, when I open second reporting tool, dragon does not type anything. The recognition history shows only ???????. I figured it out the problem was related to enable/disable HTML support for both the reporting tools. If I disable HTML support in second reporting tool, it works perfectly fine. Now, the real issue I am having is to enable/disable HTML support each time I open both the reporting tools. Can anyone help me create a script which enables/disables HTML support?  Thank you in advance.

-------------------------

Laxman Budhathoki

08/20/2020 07:57 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

EDITED: 08/21/20 - 12:14PM CT

The following script works but you're not going to like it because the effects cannot take place until you close and re-launch Dragon. We don't believe there is a real solution but here's your Advanced-Scripting request:

Sub Main
EngineControl.Option(dgnengoptionEnableCommandsInHtmlWindows) = Not EngineControl.Option(dgnengoptionEnableCommandsInHtmlWindows)
Wait 1
SendKeys "^{Tab}"
Wait 0.5
SendKeys "%e"
Wait 0.1
SendKeys "~"
Wait 0.5
SendKeys "~"
End Sub

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

08/21/2020 10:47 AM

Author Icon
Btlaxman

Thank you Lunis for you help. It is very frustrating sometimes to exit and lunch dragon again in order to report in both the reporting tools. I am living with this until our IT comes with any solutions.

Laxman Budhathoki

08/21/2020 10:54 AM

Author Icon
PG LTU
Top-Tier Member

Lunis, two things:

You should not "show" a Dragon Dialog before doing a status check first, as specified in the Notes:

•  
    • Your application should always call DlgStatusGet before calling DlgShow to display a dialog box, and display it only if DlgStatusGet indicated dgndlgstatusOK."

And btw, of course you can set the option without traipsing through the dialog with clicks, tabs and accelerators!

Here is how that works out:
Sub Main
    EngineControl.Option(dgnengoptionEnableCommandsInHtmlWindows) = False
    If EngineControl.DlgStatusGet(dgndlgOptions) = dgndlgstatusOK Then EngineControl.DlgShow dgndlgOptions,0
End Sub

Which turns it off ("False").  If you want to toggle the state instead, substitute:

EngineControl.Option(dgnengoptionEnableCommandsInHtmlWindows) = Not EngineControl.Option(dgnengoptionEnableCommandsInHtmlWindows)

You can comment out the second line once you confirm it all works, and I don't think a restart is necessary since you are interacting with the currently running engine (not a new Dragon Engine object) and, e.g., I don't have to restart when doing the above to toggle the dgnengoptionRequireClickToSelectLinksInIE (because sometimes I want to require click, and sometimes I don't). 

YMMV, Hth,

EDIT:  More generally, see here: http://www.knowbrainer.com/forums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=12&threadid=34732

PG

Remember folks, my comments and this forum are for entertainment value only, please, no wagering or other reliance on the contents herein.  I permit no commercial use of my ideas (whether expressions or embodiments) without my written consent.

08/21/2020 01:18 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

++PG,

We especially liked your toggle version which doesn't require closing and re-launching Dragon. We have edited our previous post. When we figure out how to add this to KnowBrainer, we will include your recommendation because this function is important.

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

Statistics
31789 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 621 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 622 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.