KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Using Surface Pen to toggle microphone in DMO
Topic Summary: I can use MacroExpress3 with a batch file to toggle mic in DMO, but would like a simpler method
Created On: 07/23/2020 02:42 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Using Surface Pen to toggle microphone in DMO   - kistonewa - 07/23/2020 02:42 AM  
 Using Surface Pen to toggle microphone in DMO   - Mav - 07/23/2020 09:54 AM  
 Using Surface Pen to toggle microphone in DMO   - kistonewa - 07/24/2020 08:06 PM  
 Using Surface Pen to toggle microphone in DMO   - Mav - 07/28/2020 03:56 AM  
Keyword
 07/23/2020 02:42 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

kistonewa

I have both DME4 & forced use of DMO.  However for more than a year since a hospital upgrade of citrix, my DME 4 closes out my Citrix session several times an hour & I have had to abandon DME4 for the present.

I want to be able to quickly toggle DMO microphone with my surface pen top button.  Currently I have to use a ME3 macro to locate the DMO window & click on the microphone icon to toggle the microphone.  Use a shortcut *.lnk file to call up a batch file that runs the ME3 macro. Apparently can't activate a batch file directly from the pen's button. I tried to use ME3's simulation of the Keypad + key to toggle, but did not work.  Our DMO does not give me any way to change shortcut to toggle microphone. (Does Numberpad + work in DMO?). 

Is there a more direct way to toggle the DMO microphone using the Surface Pen?

07/23/2020 09:54 AM

Author Icon
Mav
Advanced Member

Hi!

I only have access to DMD (the non-cloud version of DMO with the server on-premise), but from what I know the client is the same.

Under the "Options" menu there is a section where you can configure hotkeys, including one to toggle the microphone, much like what Dragon does with Num+.

My default settings also show Num+ as hotkey to toggle the microphone, but I can change it by clicking into the "NUM+" field and then press the key I want to assign.

hth,

mav

07/24/2020 08:06 PM

kistonewa

Unfortunately My DMO does not include that option. ? if something done by our local IT since they expect we will be using the supplied Dragon mics.
ken
 07/28/2020 03:56 AM

Author Icon
Mav
Advanced Member

I just found that you can call the DMD/DMO client (SoD.exe) with an extra configuration file where you can - among other stuff - configure your hotkeys.

Try writing this to a file named MyConfig.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

<applicationSettings>

<SoD.DefaultOptions>

<setting name="Hotkeys.StartStopRecording" serializeAs="String" isLocked="True">

<value>NUM-Add</value>

</setting>

</SoD.DefaultOptions>

</applicationSettings>

And then locate your SoD.exe and call it using

SoD.exe -config <FullPathTo>\MyConfig.xml

Worked for me to reconfigure the microphone toggle hotkey, perhaps you're lucky as well

Regards,

mav

Statistics
31789 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 12124 on 09/09/2020 at 04:59 AM.
There are currently 606 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 607 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.