Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Problems with Dragon Medical 11 in my EMR
Topic Summary: Garbled dictation at times
Created On: 02/28/2012 06:06 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Problems with Dragon Medical 11 in my EMR   - danno73 - 02/28/2012 06:06 PM  
 Problems with Dragon Medical 11 in my EMR   - FP Doc - 02/28/2012 10:41 PM  
 Problems with Dragon Medical 11 in my EMR   - Lunis Orcutt - 02/29/2012 02:41 PM  
 Problems with Dragon Medical 11 in my EMR   - kplu - 05/24/2012 01:49 PM  
 Problems with Dragon Medical 11 in my EMR   - BradleyBirch - 03/26/2013 11:03 AM  
 Problems with Dragon Medical 11 in my EMR   - auerdoc - 08/20/2012 09:51 PM  
Keyword
 02/28/2012 06:06 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

danno73

I am currently using dragon medical 11 to dictate into practice partner from Mckesson.  My practice partner is over a Citrix server.  I notice a problem only when dictating into the EMR.  My dictations become garbled at times.  If I look at the dictation box, there is supposedly is no problem.  I do not notice this when I dictate into dragon pad or other programs.

Here is an example:

Instead of, "significant valvular heart lesions"

I get, "significant vlurt lesions"

As you can see, I do not think this is a problem with misrecognition .  Of the word, it seems to garble the words together

I noticed this more commonly when I dictate longer passages.  This is unfortunate, because this is when dragon makes my life easier.  I always thought this was a problem with my connection to Citrix, but I wanted to make sure it is not something else.  Any help will be appreciated.

02/28/2012 10:41 PM

FP Doc

I'm experiencing the same problem using the All Scripts professional EMR over a Citrix connection.  My IT department recently upgraded my old Citrix software to Citrix receiver which gives improved performance on the EMR responsiveness.  However since upgrading to Citrix receiver, Dragon doesn't work very well.  It "garbles" text, drops words, drops portions of words, and cuts off in midsentence.  Also the correction and editing functions don't work properly.  Dictation box still works perfectly, but I liked it better when I didn't have to use that.

Does anyone know if there is some incompatibility between Dragon and Citrix receiver? 

-------------------------

Dragon Medical v. 11.00.300.312

Fujitsu Lifebook T730 

Olympus Dr-1200 microphone 

02/29/2012 02:41 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Welcome to the World’s Most Popular Speech Recognition Forum

We believe this problem is directly related to the network. You can test this theory by dictating into a local application such as Microsoft Word or DragonPad. The only possible workaround, we can think of, is to resort to using the NaturallySpeaking's Dictation Box or a more efficient approach of combining NotePad with KnowBrainer 2011 which would essentially mean dictating on your desktop computer and transferring the text into McKesson and AllScripts.

-------------------------

Click KB 2012 REV D to Download a 30 Day Evaluation of KnowBrainer 2012
Click SpeechStart+ to Download a 15 Day Evaluation of SpeechStart+

05/24/2012 01:49 PM

Author Icon
kplu

As far as I can tell this is caused by the Citrix Receiver. This never happens to me with the Citrix XenApp 12.1 -web client. When we began upgrading to the new Citrix Receiver client we started noticing this problem. I have been downgrading affected users back to 12.1.

03/26/2013 11:03 AM

Author Icon
BradleyBirch

"As far as I can tell this is caused by the Citrix Receiver. This never happens to me with the Citrix XenApp 12.1 -web client. When we began upgrading to the new Citrix Receiver client we started noticing this problem. I have been downgrading affected users back to 12.1."

Hi kplu,

My organization is experiencing similar problems.  Once the Citrix ICA client was upgraded to Citrix Receiver, we began seeing systemwide issues with Dragon.  Dropped letters, dropped spaces, new sentences not being capitallized, doubled letters, etc.

After working with the physicians and with Nuance for months, the only solution I've found is to roll Citrix back to the ICA client.

Can you offer any insight on how/if your organization was able to overcome this?

Thank you for your time
Bradley Birch

08/20/2012 09:51 PM

auerdoc

I have the same problem using Dragon small practice 11.5 using NextGen over RDP using dictation box.  redundant letters- sshort of breath, not short of breath.  The text is correct in dictation box but corrupted on RDP.

Statistics
28140 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 2028 on 04/05/2013 at 07:36 PM.
There are currently 67 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 72 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.