KnowBrainer Speech Recognition
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Are we any closer to getting Medical 11 released (or Med 11.5x)?
Topic Summary: Are we any closer to getting Medical 11 released (or Med 11.5x)?
Created On: 07/23/2011 10:08 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Keyword
 07/23/2011 10:08 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

John K

Just wondering if Med 11.5x is anywhere on the foreseeable horizon.  The wait has been unbelievably long.

John K

-------------------------
John K
 07/23/2011 11:11 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

From what we can tell, the actual release date of Medical 11.5 is still unknown to anyone but the general information, circulating around the speech recognition channel, is that Medical 11.5 will likely be released in September. However, it isn't necessary to keep posting this question. If you click Medical 11.5 release date, you will be placed on the Medical 11.5 announcement list which will give you a heads up when the release date goes public along with the opportunity to purchase the upgrade at a major discount.

Click KB 2012 REV D to Download a 30 Day Evaluation of KnowBrainer 2012
Click SpeechStart+ to Download a 15 Day Evaluation of SpeechStart+

08/14/2011 10:55 PM

Scopes

Sorry for the blank page, could not get my iPad to put a cursor in the box.  I am a new Nextgen user and have no interest in DNS Medical 11/11.5. I am currently using DNS Pro11.5 with Knowbrainer 2011Med. I can dictate directly into Nextgen if I choose, but do not have editing ability. Or I can call up the DNS dictation box in whatever screen I am in and dictate/edit and transfer into wherever I have left my cursor. If I am doing a plan with multiple diagnoses with a text box associated with each, Lunis has tweaked my software so that I can transfer/next with the text shooting into the box, the cursor moving to the next text box, and the dictation box immediately coming back for rapid fire sequential dictation. Can blaze through a string of codes and end up with a report/consult/etc. that does not sound like it was generated from patched together "my phrases" or a robotic simpleton.  Maintains all the nuance of a conventional HPI and has a Dx and plan that sound like it was generated by a thinking human being. So I couldn't care less when the overpriced DNS Medical comes out, because for a fraction of the price (especially since I had owned the vocabs for years-when Lunis used to essentially give them away), I already have the power of the more sophisticated engine of DNSPro 11(now 11.5), the outstanding specialty vocabs of KBMed, and the power to place text either directly (who needs to) or via the dictation box with editing power, any where I want. All my "my phrases" were generated by dictation. I never have to type anything in front of a patient (as I am a terrible typist). But I challenge anyone to type at the 150-200+ words I can easily dictate at with typically perfect accuracy. So the short answer regarding DNS medical is, who cares? Jeff H
 08/16/2011 09:15 AM

shots95

Hi Lunis.   I noticed a few weeks ago you posted the taboo list of EMRs that have to use Dragon Medical.   My new EMR to be installed was not on the list.  I have been using Dragon 10 Professional with a large medical vocabulary with excellent results.   I am waiting to see if it will work in the EMR   ( Sage Intergy).   Is your list complete and is there a possiblity of using  Dragon 10.5 professional in the EMR.   I am still considering the Knowbrainer Medical if needed

Dragon 10.5  AMD Turion X2 8gb Ram Win7
 08/16/2011 11:02 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Welcome to the KnowBrainer Forums

Assuming you are referring to the NaturallySpeaking Pro 11.5 Upgrade rather than Pro 10.5, the answer is yes it will work natively in your existing EMR and it's on sale. However, even in situations where Nuance prevents NaturallySpeaking Premium and Professionals from working in Blacklisted EMRs, the next version of KnowBrainer Medical (REV D) will allow other versions of NaturallySpeaking to work in any EMR.

08/17/2011 10:08 AM

shots95

Lunis  Thanks for the response.  I am using Pro 10.5 to dictate the occasional letters that are needed in the practice. I have seen all the posts about 11 and all the problems like its a beta program.  I see that pro 11.5 upgrade is at a good price but with REV D of Knowbrainer Medical, is there any advantage of upgrading from 10.5 pro to 11.5 Pro  once the EMR is installed and if the EMR does lock up like one of the blacklisted programs and I can use the REV D of Knowbrainer Medical with Pro 10.5?

Dragon 10.5  AMD Turion X2 8gb Ram Win7
 08/17/2011 10:36 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

You might want to click About NaturallySpeaking in Help menu. We think you'll find that you're using Pro 10.1 rather than 10.5, which doesn't exist.

Nearly anytime Nuance comes out with a new version, even when it's only an incremental upgrade, they typically have a sale.

We have not yet seen Dragon Medical Practice (Ver. 11) but from our perspective, it would be significantly less expensive and just as accurate to combine DNS Pro with KnowBrainer Medical and we have a lot of customers doing exactly that.

Statistics
28437 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 2028 on 04/05/2013 at 07:36 PM.
There are currently 207 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 209 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.