Correction menu   - dCameron47 - 03/25/2020 11:18 AM  
 Correction menu   - Alan Cantor - 03/25/2020 11:41 AM  
 Correction menu   - Ag - 03/25/2020 08:23 PM  
Keyword
 03/25/2020 11:18 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
dCameron47

The correction menu in DNS 15 has 7 spelling choices. How can you replace one of those choices on a permanent basis? For example, when I say "to"and I select it to see my choices, I do not get "two". I get "tew". How can I have the choice of "two" and get rid of "tew"?

03/25/2020 11:41 AM

Alan Cantor
Top-Tier Member

The word "Tew" (with a capital T) is in Dragon's vocabulary, but it's odd that a word that is needed so infrequently would show -- unless you actually used the word at some point, or perhaps it appeared in a document or email you were dictating into.

I'm not clear what you are trying to do with the correction menu. It sounds like you have dictated one word, and Dragon guessed wrong. But Dragon doesn't handle one-word utterances very well. Particularly if the utterances are one syllable long, and even more particularly if the one syllable utterance is a homophone.

Instead of dictating "two," pausing, and issuing the "correct" command, try saying the entire phrase without pausing, e.g., "two birds flew overhead."
 03/25/2020 08:23 PM

Author Icon
Ag
Top-Tier Member

The following is not exactly what you ask. Instead iof changing just the correction dialog, I go wider scale.

When I find a word that I think I will never use cropping up, like your "tew", I sometimes delete it from Dragon's vocabulary.

Usually after I create a few replacement/helper vocabulary entries:

tew\\tew DELETED conflicts with two

and possibly some disambiguators like
tew\\Tew spelled T E W
tew\\two with E W
tew\\tew as in tow line

I have the

tew\\tew DELETED conflicts with two

form so that I can remember that I have deleted the vocabulary entry. The "tew DELETED" form appears in your custom vocabulary, but the fact that you have deleted it does not. So So, when I create a new profile (which happens far too often) and restore my vocabulary, I can search for all of the DELETED entries and ensure that the Dragon original vocabulary entry has gone.

--

I do this for
cash\\cash DELETED conflicts with cache
cash\\cash as in money
cash\\cash with S
versus
cache
cache\\cache as in computer
cache\\cache with C

because in my job I deal with cache, but not so much cash.

===

However, I am looking forward to jumping over to using NatSpeak and DragonFly, so that I can dynamically load and unload grammars. I hope that will enable creating moded vocabulary: "default cache as in computer" vs "default cash as in money".

I am a bit worried that this dynamic grammar approach may lose some accuracy. Not so much for switching between cash and cache as default, but in trying to switch off an utterance completely. But I hope some day to try it.

-------------------------

DPG15.5 (also DPI 15.3) + KB, Sennheiser MB Pro 1 UC ML, BTD 800 dongle, Windows 10 Pro, Dell Inspiron 7591 2-in-1, 64GB RAM, Intel Corei7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz, 2304 Mhz, 4 Cores. Nvidia MX250 GPU. 12.4 GFlops FP16, 797 GFlops FP32

KnowBrainer Speech Recognition » NaturallySpeaking Speech Recognition » Correction menu

Statistics
31622 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 3936 on 09/08/2015 at 11:44 AM.
There are currently 334 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 335 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.