Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 Next Last unread
Keyword
 03/31/2020 01:08 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Trionalaw
Top-Tier Member

I am now at the point where I am to run Dragon 15 Pro's setup.exe. I have looked in Program Data, Program86x and even on the task manager's processes. I cannot find it anywhere.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks so much and stay safe,

Jim Triona

-------------------------

Trionalaw

Cyberpower Fangbook i7 4700MQ 16 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX770 M 3GB

03/31/2020 01:47 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

You purchased a download in late August of 2016. DVDs are no longer available so if you don't find the DPI 15 installer in your download folder, you'll find a link to download again with new manuals and Quickstarts. 

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

03/31/2020 08:23 PM

Scribe
Top-Tier Member

Have you searched for the file across your entire computer? In Windows 7 you can do that by clicking on the Start button and then putting the filename in the box at the bottom (the one that says "search programs and files") or using the box at the top right of Windows Explorer. I don't know what the equivalents are in Windows 10, but they must exist. By doing a global search, you can find a file that you may have saved in an unlikely folder by mistake.

The woman who dueled with Aaron Burr and won: www.MmeJumel.com

Crohn's News Blog: www.crohns-news.net

04/01/2020 04:25 AM

Author Icon
Stephan Kuepper
Top-Tier Member

If you lost dictation in MS Word and MS Outlook, there is no pressing need for a reinstall (which is what you'd need setup.exe for). I take it that you have already followed the instructions in the Knowbrainer Quick Tips on "What to do when you lose select and say ...".

If all that fails, close Dragon, press Windows + R and enter the following command:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Nuance\NaturallySpeaking15\Program\natspeak.exe" /fixguids

You may need admin rights for the command to execute. Please report back if that helped.

Cheers, Stephan

www.egs-vertrieb.de - www.spracherkennungscloud.de

04/01/2020 12:49 PM

Author Icon
Trionalaw
Top-Tier Member

Thank you for getting back to me,

I installed a brand-new Dragon 15 Pro and I still have the problem. I am using the dictation box to dictate this.

I entered the command you sent. I got the pop up that said Dragon needed to be elevated. I decided to type in your command. When I got to program there was no "natspeak.exe" listed.

I still think I am living through a hex placed on me by one of my college girlfriends.

I am almost to the point of getting my hair cut in the Peaky Blinder style. I like it much better than that North Korean dictator's.

Thanks so much. I appreciate it.

Jim

Trionalaw

04/01/2020 02:38 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

1. Natspeak address: C:\Program Files (x86)\Nuance\NaturallySpeaking15\Program\natspeak.exe

2. Office 365 (Ver. 2019) is not Dragon 15.3 compliant. We recommend downgrading to Ver. 2016 or adding KnowBrainer 2017 which, along with lots of other goodies, includes Direct Dictation trigger commands for anything; including the ability to directly dictate into any Office 2019, Time Matters etc. app.

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

04/01/2020 09:32 PM

Author Icon
Trionalaw
Top-Tier Member

Lunis,

As always, thanks for getting back to me. I did not change anything with Office 365 before the recent inability to dictate into Word or Outlook. Dragon 15 Pro worked flawlessly and then it did not.

I took a screenshot of my office 365 version but it does not give the year. However on the start up list of programs it shows Microsoft Office Tools 2016 and in the Office program Outlook 2016. Were does not appear in either of them. I tried to attach the screen shots by clicking attach file and nothing. I am going to send this and then search the forum as I think I ran into this bofore.

On the other hand, I checked to see if Office 365 had any updates and I found it was completely up-to-date. I am wondering if that took me to 2019? However, I do not recall ever updating the program.

The other odd thing is when I went into the file location you set out in your reply I did not find the natspeak.exe file. I did find natspeak described as an application file of 6,706 KB. There was also a natspeakexe.config dile described ass a CONFIG file of 36 KB. I did not try to open either one.

If in fact I do have Word 2019 and Outlook 2019, with Microsoft be able to prevent the natspeak.exe from loading?

Finally, there is natspeak word add-in when I open the options menu from Word. Two days ago it was present. I tried the select and say fix from Quick Tips. I think I diabled UAC because I put the slider to never and hit okay. Still no natspeak word add-in. I am going to see if I can go back to office 2016.

I will let you know. 

I truly do appreciate your help.

Stay safe,

Jim

Trionalaw

04/01/2020 09:39 PM

Author Icon
Trionalaw
Top-Tier Member

I think I attached th3 screenshots.

Thanks,

Jim

Trionalaw

04/02/2020 02:54 AM

Author Icon
Stephan Kuepper
Top-Tier Member

You set your Windows Explorer so that file extensions don't show. The file that you reference is actually NatSpeak.exe.

As far as your office version is concerned, you've got version 1908 which was released in August 2019. I must admit that I don't really see through Microsoft's policy of naming their office products. Anyway, I don't think that this version would be non-Dragon compliant. I've got Microsoft office version 2002 and while I do have some issues with Dragon Professional Group 15.5, it is basically Dragon friendly.

Please try the following:

Open notepad and enter the command I gave you yesterday into the editor:

start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Nuance\NaturallySpeaking15\Program\natspeak.exe" /fixguids

Save the file as something like fixguids.cmd. The ending "cmd" is important, not the bit that comes before the dot. Double-click the file to run the command. Better still, right click on the file and choose "run as administrator". You will probably be prompted to enter an administrator password, or at least give permission that the command makes changes to Windows.

Does that work?

Hope that helps, Stephan

04/02/2020 11:57 AM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

Originally posted by: Trionalaw I think I attached th3 screenshots.

Please don't take a picture of your entire desktop unless it is is necessary. In your case your attachments cover 2 monitors. This is a space waster and nearly impossible to view on a single monitor. Rather than using your keyboard {Prtsc} button, which captures everything, try pressing {Alt+Prtsc} or better yet, use the KnowBrainer Capture PNG command to snap a picture of the current Window, paste the picture into Windows Paint and prompt you to name it as a PNG. This command is also significantly faster.

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

04/02/2020 08:54 PM

Author Icon
Trionalaw
Top-Tier Member

Stephen,

Thank you for getting back to me. I was able to find the natspeak.exe file when I clicked on show extensions.

I copied the command you gave me into notepad and saved it. I am attaching a screenshot of it. (Apologies to Lunis about the screenshots.) Nothing happened when I right clicked on it. I then found notepad editor and downloaded it. I then pasted the command into it. I am attaching a screenshot of it. When I saved it, it was saved as a bat.exe, which I thought probably was better. Also attaching a screenshot of the file.

I made sure I could run the command prompt as administrator. When I right-click the file, I got the pop-up menu warning me about running it. So I stopped there.

Do I go ahead and run it?

Thanks so much again. I appreciate all your help.

Stay safe,

Jim

[Attachments removed] Please press Alt+Prtsc in the future to create considerably smaller and easier to read a .png of the current Window rather than your entire desktop

Trionalaw

04/03/2020 03:12 AM

Author Icon
Stephan Kuepper
Top-Tier Member

Jim,

Whether you rename the file extension to .BAT or to .CMD doesn't make a difference. CMD is pretty much the same as.BAT.

The Windows warning you get is a stock warning if you try to run an unsigned application. Since you just wrote the "application" for yourself, you can be sure that it is safe (if you trust my advice, that is). So what you need to do is click on "more Info". There should be an option to run the file anyway.

What the command is supposed to do is reregister the DLLs that enable dictation into Microsoft Word and other applications. This is actually a built in undocumented command in Dragon that we found a little while ago. We don't know yet whether it really is the magic bullet it is supposed to be, so I am quite curious as to whether it worked for you.

Hope that helps, Stephan

04/03/2020 03:17 AM

Author Icon
Stephan Kuepper
Top-Tier Member

By the way do you take Lunis's advice about pressing {Alt+PrintScreen} to create a screenshot of a single window. I hate to say it, but screenshots taken by phone are not really an improvement.

Cheers, Stephan

04/03/2020 02:47 PM

Author Icon
Trionalaw
Top-Tier Member

Stephen,

Again, thanks so much. I ran the BAT file as administrator. I heard something running but nothing popped up. I just attempted to dictate into Word. The word showed up in the Dragon recognition ditty but nothing ended up in word.

It is good that barbershops are closed. Otherwise I would go get my Peaky Blinders cut.

Any thoughts?

Thanks so much and stay safe.

Jim

Trionalaw

04/03/2020 06:42 PM

Author Icon
PG LTU
Top-Tier Member

Can we try something?

But first, if Jim named his file with the line of code that Stephan suggested "something dot exe" it won't work. It does need either the .cmd or the .bat extension. So name it "whatever.cmd" before trying to run it. Second, right clicking on the command prompt to "Run as administrator" should bring up some warning, but of course you need to click through that warning to actually use the command prompt in elevated mode. It is safe. It's what you do in the command terminal that could cause harm, but Stephan's code is safe (enough).

Now if the gist of the problem is that Word doesn't "show the green dot" on the Dragon Bar, please check again within Word by clicking the File menu, then Options, then Add-Ins and make sure the "NatSpeak Word AddIn" is listed under Active Application Add-Ins. If it is not, at the bottom of the dialog, you can hit a "Manage" drop-down to find "COM Add-ins" and then click the "Go" button. It opens a box where you can click on check boxes to enable or disable existing Add-Ins (enabled means it has a check mark in the box) and even "Add" the COM add-in from the original location ([DragonVer]\Program\dgnword.dll) if it is not there. Make sure it is there, add it if you need to, and make sure it is enabled.

Now, One More try with Stephan's command would be like this. Press the Win button. Type "command" and "Command Prompt" program should appear. Right click on that and Run as Administrator. Yes, click through or accept the warnings, if any. Now, a terminal appears with a blinking cursor. You will likely be in the "C:\Windows\system32" folder but it doesn't matter where you are. You type in this exactly, with the quotes:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Nuance\NaturallySpeaking15\Program\natspeak.exe" /fixguids

Or copy the line to clipboard (again, include all characters including the quotes) and then click the command icon (very top left corner), select "Edit" then "Paste" to put the line in, and press enter. It looks like not much happens because you quickly get back to the blinking cursor. Type "exit" and see if Word behaves now.

Hth,

PG

Remember folks, my comments and this forum are for entertainment value only, please, no wagering or other reliance on the contents herein.  I permit no commercial use of my ideas (whether expressions or embodiments) without my written consent.

04/03/2020 09:02 PM

Author Icon
Trionalaw
Top-Tier Member

Thank you so much, PG,  

everything you suggested. Still nothing. I did check and do have the dgnword.dll file. Nonetheless, when I go into Word options, there still is not Natspeak Word add-in.

I can dictate into Outlook.

I am also running KnowBrainer17. Lunis advises it takes care of this problem. I am going to check with him to see if I am missing something with it.

I do appreciate you trying to help me. What is funny is that Dragon works perfectly in Word and Outlook until about 3 days ago. I have installed a new Dragon 15 Pro. That did not fix it.

Enjoy your weekend.

Stay safe,

Jim

Trionalaw

04/03/2020 09:14 PM

Author Icon
Trionalaw
Top-Tier Member

Hello, Lunis,

As you can see from the form, I can still not dictate into Word. I have installed KB 17. I read through the July 5, 2018, manual and read through the how do I (Start) concerning the KB & Dragon Popular commands but found nothing such as a trigger command.

Can you point me anywhere I can find it? Using the dictation box is about as slow as me trying to type directly into Word.

I hope you can relax over the weekend. Stay safe.

As always, thanks so much,

Jim

Trionalaw

04/04/2020 12:25 AM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

You have another possible option. Try right clicking on the Microsoft Word shortcut on your desktop or from Windows Start menu and choose Run as Administrator. Now reenable the Dragon add-in but do not close and relaunch Microsoft Word. The good news is that it will work immediately. The bad news is that you will have to go through this process every time you launch Microsoft Word.

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

04/04/2020 12:48 PM

Author Icon
PG LTU
Top-Tier Member

Wait on that. So Jim, I swear it is me, but I am still unclear. This is all about that "dgnword.dll" you say you have.

Where is it located? The one you have? Keep good track (or let us know). Do you have administrator rights on your PC? (If you've unfortunately lowered your UAC to nothing, then you probably do, or it doesn't matter, or I don't know what, I would never do such a thing, but I digress.) Ok, so maybe go to "Word" and "Run as administrator" (by right-clicking and accepting any warnings that pop up) on the program. Or not, try it without first.

Go back to Word, go back to File, Options, and Add-Ins and then where it says "Manage" you drop down or select "COM Add-ins" and press "Go..."

In the box that comes up for COM add-ins, you either have the "NatSpeak Word Addin" or not. And it is either checked or not.

EDIT: This seems to be where we are, so these remaining steps are all done within Word:

If it is not there, click the "Add..." button (in the Manage "COM Add-ins" dialog), and in the dialog box that shows up, go find that file and hit "OK", and now, in that "COM Add-Ins" dialog, make sure it is there and "check mark" that it is available, or "click" it yourself in the little box. Hit the "OK" button and then let us know.

I want so badly for this to help you, good luck!

PG

Remember folks, my comments and this forum are for entertainment value only, please, no wagering or other reliance on the contents herein.  I permit no commercial use of my ideas (whether expressions or embodiments) without my written consent.

04/04/2020 01:57 PM

Author Icon
Trionalaw
Top-Tier Member

As always, Lunis,

Thanks for getting back to me. Tried your suggestion. The NatSpeak add-on was not available in the add-in section of Word.

What an adventure.

Your help is always appreciated.

Jim

Trionalaw

Statistics
31595 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 3936 on 09/08/2015 at 11:44 AM.
There are currently 340 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 341 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.