Topic Title: Dragon Error?
Topic Summary: Dragon Error?
Created On: 09/23/2011 12:03 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Keyword
 09/23/2011 12:03 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Sasha

I have a doctor getting an error that says internal recognizer error has occured, dragon is in an unstable state please save your work immediatly.

Have anyone ever come across this.

Thanks Sasha

-------------------------

Sasha Wellington

09/23/2011 02:02 PM

Author Icon
Tiger Feet
Top-Tier Member

Have a read of these.

http://nuance.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5661/~/%22an-internal-recognizer-error-has-occurred%22-error-message-may-appear-when 

http://www.fixkb.com/2010/05/internal-recognizer-error-has-occurred.html 

Tiger Feet

| DPI 15.3 | KnowBrainer 2017 | Windows  10 Professional /64 Bit | Intel Core i7 Quad Core 3840QM (2.80GHz) 8MB | 16GB RAM. | 240GB Intel 520 Series SSD Boot Drive | 750GB 7200 rpm Secondary Drive  | Sennheiser D10-USB Wireless. |

09/23/2011 04:32 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

It sounds like you may have a partially corrupted user profile. Switching to your backup user profile may take care of the problem if you haven't saved corrupted information over the backup user. You'll find a step-by-step on switching to your backup user profile when you look up “switching” in the NaturallySpeaking Quick Tips (at the top of this page)

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

06/20/2019 12:20 PM

Author Icon
despues18
Power Member

So it seems that my user profile had been corrupt because of the following error messages
"An error occurred while saving or copying the user profile".

I tried restoring and tried what was suggested for switching. It seems that I will have to be starting from scratch but I'm over that now. I just want to know how to keep this from happening again, thanks

By the way, the backups that I did have for some reason were not able to be backed up to so I guess a useless feature. I think someone somewhere said that this was a problem caused by Windows 10
 06/20/2019 01:22 PM

Author Icon
Lunis Orcutt
Top-Tier Member

There is only an 80% chance that your backup user profile is intact. There is still a 20% chance that it will also be corrupted. That's why we strongly recommend making an additional manual monthly backup to an external hard drive or the cloud. We keep 4 copies of previous user profiles because we are a little paranoid. While there is nothing you can do to prevent user profile corruption, you can significantly reduce the odds by waiting for Dragon to save your profile before shutting down your computer. This is the most common reason for Dragon user profile corruption. In our opinion, this was a stupid Ver. 15 change that nobody asked for or wants. A prompt to save your user profile, as with previous versions of Dragon, would have been preferred because we don't always want to save our profile. KnowBrainer 2017 also includes a command called Close Dragon and KnowBrainer which prevents Dragon from saving your profile; for exactly this reason. Having said that, we have been using Dragon since 1996 (a year before he went public) and never experienced a corrupted user profile because saving your user profile when Dragon is closing also tends to be a bit more risky, even if it's not automatic. If you wish to save your user profile, we recommend saying save user profile, before closing Dragon.

Forum Mission Statement
Trial Downloads
Dragon/Sales@KnowBrainer.com 
(615) 884-4558 ext 1

KnowBrainer Speech Recognition » NaturallySpeaking Speech Recognition » Dragon Error?

Statistics
31655 users are registered to the KnowBrainer Speech Recognition forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 4473 on 07/17/2020 at 10:00 AM.
There are currently 709 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 711 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Standard Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2020 FuseTalk™ Inc. All rights reserved.