Olympus DR-1200 Directrec USB Microphone
Professional Dictation Microphone with Push Button Operation, Track ball, 5 Programmable Buttons, PC & MAC Compatible More details...
Olympus DR-1200 Directrec USB Microphone
Ships with FREE Copy of KnowBrainer 2012 Command Software (MSRP $200) and FREE Andrea SuperBeam Array Microphone (MSRP $25) Close Out Special, No Returns
Not compatible with Mac computers
The following PDF links include pictorial step-by-step audio setup guides. Click the appropriate link/s to download a complimentary microphone installation guide.
Audio Setup Guide for Dragon NaturallySpeaking
Audio Setup Guide for WSR (Coming Soon)
Works in Windows XP 32-bit, Vista or Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit.
The Olympus DR-1200 Directrec USB Microphone is part of Olympus' second-generation Directrec series, an enhanced line of three Directrec dictation devices. The DR-1200 offers the perfect combination of great audio reproduction, programmability and ease-of-use in a professional recorder. The new Directrec series significantly improves ergonomics to enhance operability and microphone performance while expanding Olympus' simple, reliable, flexible and secure design concept, by combining it with integration -- boosting productivity to new levels.
The Directrec second generation evolves into a total system solution for IT administrators and systems integrators. Dictating is easy thanks to the intuitively-positioned push button layout on the DR-1200. A durable trackball offers even more intuitive, one-handed operation. The new low-noise directional microphone reduces extraneous sounds and unwanted background noise for high-quality sound recording. This is also one of the keys to the outstanding speech recognition rate when using Dragon speech recognition software. The DR-1200 Directrec recorder is the perfect device to directly record onto your personal computer. Recordings can be played back using the integrated powerful speaker and volume can be instantly adjusted directly on the hand unit.
Olympus DR-1200 Key Features
- DR-1200 Included Items:
· Directrec Configuration Utility on DVD (not available from other resellers)
· How to "Program the Buttons Guide" (KnowBrainer Exclusive)
· Instruction Manual
· Warranty Card
- USB Audio Class Compatible
- The DR-1200 is USB Audio Class Compatible, so it can be used as a USB microphone or USB speaker when connected to a PC without the need for installing a specialty driver.
- Push Button Control
- The DR-1200's intuitively placed push button layout enables one-handed access to the most commonly used functions.
- Trackball Mouse Pointing Device
- The DR-1200 includes a 360-degree mouse-pointing sensor providing fast, simple operability. The device is highly durable and reliable to help prevent it from breaking, wearing out, or sticking.
- Ergonomic Design
- The ergonomic design ensures superior operability, sitting comfortably in your hand with its smooth edges. The intuitively placed main push button enables one-handed access to the most commonly used functions. A triple-color LED screen shows the current recording status and a new trackball allows users to navigate freely on the PC or Mac without having to utilize the computer's mouse. This ensures hassle-free, desk-based dictation -- for hours on end.
- Built-In Speaker For Acoustic Playback
- The powerful built-in speaker provides hi-fidelity acoustic playback.
- Low-Noise Directional Built-in Microphone
- The Directrec DR-1200 delivers stunning performance -- a low-noise, directional built-in microphone guarantees ultra-clear dictation recordings.
- Five Programmable Buttons
- Programmable buttons that speed up reaction time increase the DR-1200's flexibility and reliability. Instead of having more buttons than necessary, the DR-1200 allows users to program the functions they use the most onto one rear button and four designated programmable buttons on the front. The functions include: Index Mark, Insert/Overwrite, Priority, launching an external program and more.
- Improved Software Development Kit For System Administrators
- The remaining buttons including volume controls can also be fully customized, if required, enabling complete systems integration. An improved Software Development Kit (SDK) makes such productivity-boosting customization possible
- Playback Volume Control
- Recordings can be played back using the integrated powerful speaker and volume can be instantly adjusted directly on the hand unit.
- Easy Editing
- The Directrec DR-1200 allows for easy editing of existing recordings by appending, overwriting, inserting, and erasing or partial-erase of recording.
- Device Configuration Manager Software Available
- Features include:
- DNS Commnad
- Hotkey Command
- Text Command
- Application Launcher Command
- Wait Command
- Button Function Change
- Mouse Speed
- Beep Sound
- Button Noise Suppression
- High Quality PCM Recording
- Frequency response: 100Hz - 14 KHz with PCM recording.
- Three-Color LED
- A tri-color LED screen shows the current recording status.
Olympus DR-1200 Specifications
- Overall Frequency Response
- 300 ~ 10,000Hz (SP)
100 ~ 14,000Hz (PCM)
- PC Interface
- USB 2.0 Full Speed
- Input Level
- -45 dBv
- Microphone Sensitivity Difference
- Variable or 0 / +6 / +18 dB (Selectable from SDK)
- Maximum Output
- Microphone type
- Electret condenser microphone
- Microphone Diameter
- 10 mm
- Microphone Sensitivity
- Microphone Pick-up
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio
- >71 dBA
- Speaker Diameter
- 28 mm
- Cord Length
- 98.4 inches (2.5 m)
- Dimensions (W x W x D)
- 6.1 x 1.8 x 1.2 inches (154 x 44.6 x 31.6 mm)
- 7.1 oz. (201 g)